Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Jesus Christ, I don't know what bloomed last night, but I've got hives today.

Nothing in my arsenal of allergy meds touches it. I tried fexofenadine, loratadine, cetirizine, and diphenhydramine.

I'm sort of coping with generic dayquil right now. Still itchy, though.

@Ledboots
i went to the hospital yesterday and i had to take this little capsule and blow into a small mylar balloon for 10 seconds lol
SILLIEST TEST EVER

h_pylori.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Ledboots
So today I took my first Allegra. What's the big deal, right?
Most of these miracle antihistamines contain pseudoephedrine, and I have very strong reactions to speedy drugs.

The active ingredient wasn't pseudoephedrine so I bought it. Takes 80% of my symptoms away, and feels slightly pleasant.
Allergy pills typically only contain pseudoephedrine if they're the decongestant version. Allegra-D does have PE in it.

Allegra is fexofenadine, which makes me feel jumpy as fuck.

Woke up with a raging bad headache.
5:30am - two motrin - paced for 45 minutes. then sat on the edge of the bed.
6:30am - 1 Excedrin Migrane & a cup of coffee.
6:50am - headache starts to ease up. Engage: 2nd cup of coffee.
7:05am - cured.

I always hold off on the migrane meds in hopes it's something smaller. . .

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Woke up with a raging bad headache.
5:30am - two motrin - paced for 45 minutes. then sat on the edge of the bed.
6:30am - 1 Excedrin Migrane & a cup of coffee.
6:50am - headache starts to ease up. Engage: 2nd cup of coffee.
7:05am - cured.

I always hold off on the migrane meds in hopes it's something smaller. . .
I feel you, I hate taking meds if I don't really need it, plus I don't want to waste my migraine meds and run out when I really need them, and there's this fine line where once the headache is bad enough, taking the sumatriptan won't help, and knowing I'm about to get a migraine (or thinking I might be) gives me hella anxiety, which I'm sure doesn't help either, because I know it's gonna make me throw up and be useless for the rest of the day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and Ledboots
I don't get an aura or anything, so it's a crap shoot between regular headache and day-ender until I throw up and then it's already too late :lol::(

I don't want to waste my migraine meds and run out when I really need them

sadly, I don't have this problem. Whenever I get the meds, they're sold by the two pack (two little pills in a paper container) for like $3, or the Jumbo pack off 100 pills for $11. So, because there's NO FUCKING WAY I'm going to be caught without them, I get the jumbo pack 'just in case.' Upon expiring I toss 95% of the bottle after I get it's replacement. I was caught without them once & had to head to walgreens myself. I was on the verge of a slasher movie. Never again.

@Ledboots
I've bee having sharp chest pains for two days...

It's all around and above my left breast
Sometimes when I take a deep breath I get that jabby feeling and sometimes it radiates up to the side of my neck and even my shoulder

Is it lupus ?
Please advise

H. pylori survivor