For real, life is weirder than fiction

zengirl said:
Very true... haven't you ever felt conflicted between rationality and irrationality?

Oh ya of course, but I weigh my options now and get the hell out and don't look back. I've been in a similar situation before, most girls have.

fly said:
:dont:

It's always guilt. It's not your fault he's a f*ckup.

With all due respect, it's funny, people that are very good at giving relationship advice rarely turn the microscope on themselves and listen. You and dirk would be good examples.

I know that you're only talking to him once, but the torture of it isn't going to make his life better. You aren't doing him a favor by talking to him, you're only making it worse.

QFMFT

Thorn Bird said:
don't be so egotistical! :) really, and frankly, you don't have THAT much control over someone's happiness. if he was "happy" being status quo, that's his choice. he might've been content, but is that happy?

i don't know you, i don't know this guy, but you should create happiness together, not rely on it from someone else. YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM, no matter how you think you might be...

you might be the excuse for him, but you aren't the reason.
oh, you're good at this.

April23 said:
We're going to be blowing steam thru her ears, I've seen it happen a billion times.

...unless she proves me wrong. ;)
No, you're all really right, that's history and now it's time to cut loose and live in the now. The thing is, there have been times when I didn't have anyone else, and when I needed to reach out, he was there for me. He offered to fly down to Texas last year and rescue me from a bad situation, I feel like a jerk now just cutting loose and running now that my life is stable. That seems kinda cold.

zengirl said:
No, you're all really right, that's history and now it's time to cut loose and live in the now. The thing is, there have been times when I didn't have anyone else, and when I needed to reach out, he was there for me. He offered to fly down to Texas last year and rescue me from a bad situation, I feel like a jerk now just cutting loose and running now that my life is stable. That seems kinda cold.

What happened in Texas?

zengirl said:
Was he "rescuing" you for you, or for him? I bet lightbulbs went off in his head when you called him. Sounds like everything so far has been for him.

zengirl said:

Cold is the new hot, Sarah. It's time to get with the times and make a life for yourself.

Or whatever.

I really suck at this.

you should go out to dinner with him tonight. if you have too much to drink, he can drive you back to your place where you can sleep it off. he'll let you know where your car is tomorrow. he needs you tonight, you hurt him.

thrawn said:
you should go out to dinner with him tonight. if you have too much to drink, he can drive you back to your place where you can sleep it off. he'll let you know where your car is tomorrow. he needs you tonight, you hurt him.
:lol:

zengirl said:

You've already dug up the grave again replying to the email. If an ex of mine emailed me in the same fashion I would have deleted it with brut force. I have no curiousity in what they need to say to me.

Im a bitch though. :-\

fly said:
Was he "rescuing" you for you, or for him? I bet lightbulbs went off in his head when you called him. Sounds like everything so far has been for him.
You know I never thought of it that way before. I felt indebted to him or something.

April23 said:
You've already dug up the grave again replying to the email. If an ex of mine emailed me in the same fashion I would have deleted it with brut force. I have no curiousity in what they need to say to me.

Im a bitch though. :-\
This is the only one I'd give this much consideration to. I mean, there's 10 years of history here, it's not like it was a quicky fling or anything.

April23 said:
Yes I am.

Kick ass. I'll accidentally leave my spare house key in the garage on the shelf next to the nylon cord, half-empty gasoline can, and oddly sharp pruning shears. Hopefully I won't inadvertantly leave the garage door up after taking the garbage out like I did a couple of nights ago. Scary to think anyone could wander in while I'm sleeping.

zengirl said:
This is the only one I'd give this much consideration to. I mean, there's 10 years of history here, it's not like it was a quicky fling or anything.

Hmm... I guess I don't have that in my past. Slu**y++
(grr the protection on this PC)

:fly: I just wanted to call myself a name.

Sarcasmo said:
Kick ass. I'll accidentally leave my spare house key in the garage on the shelf next to the nylon cord, half-empty gasoline can, and oddly sharp pruning shears. Hopefully I won't inadvertantly leave the garage door up after taking the garbage out like I did a couple of nights ago. Scary to think anyone could wander in while I'm sleeping.

I'm copying/pasting that in wordpad as we speak.

fly said:

and you, my dear, are good as well. ;)