For real, life is weirder than fiction

ChikkenNoodul said:
No, that's American society as well :p

And it's NOT just the rednecks :fly:

I've seen some pretty high-ranking corporate officers get soooo frelling toasted that their employees have put them in a hotel room.

The problem is, with the "Just say no" crap and SADD, MADD, and whatever organization - is that kids aren't taught responsible drinking - they get their first taste of freedom with it and go all out and can't handle it.
Exactly. They are taught fear.

Galen said:
I understand, I've seen 50 year old men -crawl- home from the pub, but that's just irish society. You work then go get drunk at the weekend, that just wasn't the life for me so I ended up staying at home and reading. I hope to leave this place behind once I attain my MBChB. Beautiful land, it's a shame about the society. If only the police would enforce the laws.

if age is not particularly a factor, moreso education, upbringing and society, what would raising the drinking age accomplish? they will give 18 year olds an automatic weapon here, tell them to go kill for their country, but those that dont join the military can't buy a beer? thats a load of crap.

b_sinning said:
So what happened Sarah?
After that last email I got from him yesterday I replied asking if everything was okay, and just before I left last night I got this:

:) Yeah silly. Everything is as it should be. Thank you for caring though. Right now I am in the middle of my 4th step, "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves." Simply put, it's an effort to discover my liabilities. The timing couldn't have been more on the mark. Father's day is coming, and today is June 15th. Yesterday I did an overview of 1994 and 95. Today I avoided it completely. I've got buddies to guide me through it. I start by writing down a name, as memories come up I write down situations, note which of my "human failings" came into play and then where was I at fault. I Do NOT recommend doing it without a 12 step program to see you through it. It's good though when done right. It just helps me to see myself a little clearer. It helps me to appreciate the people who have come into my life and let go of old animosities. It's teaching me how to forgive.

So it seems that millions was right, he's just going through the program, and making a list of all of the things he needs to apologize for. :lol:

He stopped at 96 because that's the year all of our shit went down, and the year we got married, and the year he moved me downstate to own a business.

He called last night around 9:30 and we filled each other in on the little things, I told him about Ryan and the engagement, he was kinda dumbfounded... and he remembers Ryan :lol: Wished me the best, I did the same, and that was that.

edit: does anyone else see this whole 12 step program as a little self-centered?

zengirl said:
After that last email I got from him yesterday I replied asking if everything was okay, and just before I left last night I got this:

So it seems that millions was right, he's just going through the program, and making a list of all of the things he needs to apologize for. :lol:

He stopped at 96 because that's the year all of our shit went down, and the year we got married, and the year he moved me downstate to own a business.

He called last night around 9:30 and we filled each other in on the little things, I told him about Ryan and the engagement, he was kinda dumbfounded... and he remembers Ryan :lol: Wished me the best, I did the same, and that was that.

edit: does anyone else see this whole 12 step program as a little self-centered?

Well I'm glad to hear you aren't at the bottom of Lake Michigan :fly: .

Hopefully he'll be able to move on with his life now and let you get on with yours.

kiwi said:
Well I'm glad to hear you aren't at the bottom of Lake Michigan :fly: .

Hopefully he'll be able to move on with his life now and let you get on with yours.
There was no worry of that ;) he has no idea where I live, nor has he for years, that fact won't change. He knows better than to even ask. When I told him I was engaged, he asked what month and what year he should send me a gift to work ... lol. Him doing me physical harm has never been a fear of mine.

zengirl said:

Oh, I'm always right...I'm a republican. :p

ChikkenNoodul said:
No, that's American society as well :p

And it's NOT just the rednecks :fly:

I've seen some pretty high-ranking corporate officers get soooo frelling toasted that their employees have put them in a hotel room.

The problem is, with the "Just say no" crap and SADD, MADD, and whatever organization - is that kids aren't taught responsible drinking - they get their first taste of freedom with it and go all out and can't handle it.

I would like to think there are more responisble adults / young adults and that we only really HEAR about the irresponsible ones. I mean I look at my family and friends and most of them are pretty straight edge. They all have jobs, go to school and don't get shit-faced.

At a certain point in your life you should be over getting drunk or stoned out of your mind and grow the fuck up...there is nothing worse then hearing about some 50 year old guy getting blasted and beating his wife or something.

Millions said:
Oh, I'm always right...I'm a republican. :p

I would like to think there are more responisble adults / young adults and that we only really HEAR about the irresponsible ones. I mean I look at my family and friends and most of them are pretty straight edge. They all have jobs, go to school and don't get shit-faced.

At a certain point in your life you should be over getting drunk or stoned out of your mind and grow the fuck up...there is nothing worse then hearing about some 50 year old guy getting blasted and beating his wife or something.
Unfortunately, my family could provide a case study in irresponsible substance abuse. My brothers' 50 year old mom has been an habitual drug abuser for more than three quarters of her life, and she has instilled this sensse of irresponsiblity and disregard for authority into my youngest brother who, at 19, is facing jail time for getting drunk and vandalizing his upper middle class subdivision.