Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Movie Favorites

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by eileenbunny, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Meet the Feebles
    Zardoz

2. because of Joey Lauren Adam's tits, amirite?

3. #105 Josh, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014

4. Such a good flick

5. #107 itburnswhenipee, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014

This is the best part of that movie

6. In no particular order:

Vertigo
    LA Confidential
    The Usual Suspects
    Jackie Brown
    BASEketball (for nostalgia reasons, shut up)
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    The Big Red One
    Casablanca
    Kill Bill

Not an exhaustive list, but the first 10 I thought of that I love.

7. I don't even think the south park guys get nostalgic for baseketball

8. South park has made fun of baseketball a few times, outright calling it shit basically.

9. I used to work with Dian Bachar, who played 'Little Bitch'. He only got into the movies because he knew Trey and Matt in high school. He was a complete prick with a serious napoleon complex. When I heard his scenes made it to the cutting room floor, I smiled.

10. My friend and I watched it pretty much every day after school during middle school and part of high school, occasionally changing it out for Orgazmo or Cannibal! The Musical. She and I were basically obsessed with anything Matt and Trey did. We knew every line, we even made it a goal to recreate the dude-fight perfectly. I still stand by the soundtrack as being one of my favorite movie soundtracks. We listened to it on a discman with two headphones plugged in all the way from upstate NY to Boston and back again for a school trip.
    It's not a GOOD movie, but at the time it came out it was perfect for me.

11. Yup. That was Animal House/Strange Brew/Caddyshack for me. I could quote those in my sleep.

12. has The Rock been mentioned in reference to really good bad movies

13. I don't think the Rock can truly be called a 'bad' movie.

Mostly because Sean Connery has only 1 really bad movie, and that was Zardoz.

14. These are all good movies that have stood the test of time. Baseketball? Never was a good movie.

15. Fair enough. I can't argue that logic.

16. Good is subjective and relative, though.

Do I put it in the same class as Vertigo? Certainly not. But I think of it as "good" because I have fond memories of it. I'm not going to suggest it belongs in the Criterion Collection or anything :lol:

Besides, part of what made it so good for me was because of how bad it was. The acting wasn't quite as bad as it had been in Cannibal! The Musical, which iirc they did in college, but it still wasn't great. But it was accessible, and it a lot of it was dirty humor that a 12 year old me could enjoy and feel rebellious watching and laughing at. I don't think it's a work of comedy genius, I just really enjoyed it. I get that you guys didn't, but that's cool- don't put it on your list.

17. Diamonds are Forever
    The Avengers (not the good one)

18. Diamonds Are Forever wut? If anything, I figured maybe 'never say never again' would be brought up as the worst of his bond movies...

Diamonds Are Forever ruled, and Willard White owns your face.