Movie Favorites

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
Kiki's assessment of great movies got me wondering what movies she actually likes and I guess I shouldn't just single her out, so everyone tell us what your favorite movies are. I guess a top 10 list would be good, but I wouldn't want to limit it to that or require that.

I'm assembling a list of my own. I'll get back to you.

My favourite alltime list is full of fairly shitty movies, but I love things I can watch again and again and not get bored:

Beauty and the beast
Bridget Jones I & II
Legally Blonde I & II
Office space
Clerks
The Blind Side (always a good tear jerker)
Withnail and I (good call for all you Americans who may not be familiar with it)
Godfather I & II

I don't have the patience for many films anymore, I usually only watch probably 1 or 2 a year now. I do love any documentary though, the subject doesn't matter to me so long as it's well done.

Dirty Dancing
The American President
The Matrix Trilogy
American Beauty
Bulworth
O Brother Where Art Thou
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Harvey
Wall-E
The Wizard of Oz
The Princess Bride
Labyrinth
Coming to America
A Scanner Darkly
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

1) Irreversible
2) Maria Full of Grace
3) Requiem for a Dream
4) Blow
5) Scarface
6) Vanilla Sky
7) Mean Girls
8) Clueless
9) Fast Times at Ridgemont High
10) Finding Nemo

Also, I'm sure we've done this thread before. My list might be slightly different in the other post/thread.

I feel that way about Napoleon Dynamite.

I didn't mind ND, laughed a little bit, but I wouldn't watch it many more times. I think with Into the wild it was the stupidity of the subject matter that made me hate it. I can never get over situations like in horror movies where people make very stupid decisions, and into the wild was just a real life example of being an idiot. I didn't feel bad at all, I thought he was a naive imbecile.

1) Irreversible
2) Maria Full of Grace
3) Requiem for a Dream
4) Blow
5) Scarface
6) Vanilla Sky
7) Mean Girls
8) Clueless
9) Fast Times at Ridgemont High
10) Finding Nemo

Also, I'm sure we've done this thread before. My list might be slightly different in the other post/thread.

We probably have but I couldn't find it in my really really quick search, so I thought I'd grill you again. It doesn't matter, all of us change our minds from time to time and we have a lot of new members. Your list is pretty good IMO, but you have some heavy stuff there, like I never ever want to watch Requiem for a Dream again. Well done, but depressing as hell.

We probably have but I couldn't find it in my really really quick search, so I thought I'd grill you again. It doesn't matter, all of us change our minds from time to time and we have a lot of new members. Your list is pretty good IMO, but you have some heavy stuff there, like I never ever want to watch Requiem for a Dream again. Well done, but depressing as hell.
Yes it was disturbing, my top 3 films are pure mind fucks.

Also, I should have added Black Swan. Loved that film.