Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

thrawn said:
you're avoiding the point made
I don't know why you have to be so mean, It's not like i"m going to eat the baby or anything ... really... I wont'...

zengirl said:
No, I figure it'll be like the kittens... and I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like kittens... pooping everywhere, getting into everything, not understanding the word, "no" or any sort of boundary... but boy they sure are neat when they grow out of that phase and turn into cool cats who know all of that stuff.

It did take about 3 years for the latest kitten to learn all that stuff and behave.

I think I'll postpone motherhood another couple/few years. I really couldn't let someone else raise my kid.

Honestly though, I never got frustrated with it. Baby crap is usually the same until their diet switches to different mashed foods and then solid foods, so you get used to it. Occasionally you'll gag and that'll be that. You'll even find it under your fingernails sometime after the fact (15 minutes, an hour, two hours) and it'll be the most normal thing in the world. You might amaze yourself at how quickly you pick it up. Aside from breathing, I think it's the most deeply ingrained aspect of our humanity.

It should come naturally to most people (though I've met some exceptions) and patience should too. It's instinctual. If that weren't the case I don't think any of us would be here. A cavemom would've tossed her brat off a cliff tens of thousands of years ago and that would've been that.

Sarcasmo said:
Honestly though, I never got frustrated with it. Baby crap is usually the same until their diet switches to different mashed foods and then solid foods, so you get used to it. Occasionally you'll gag and that'll be that. You'll even find it under your fingernails sometime after the fact (15 minutes, an hour, two hours) and it'll be the most normal thing in the world. You might amaze yourself at how quickly you pick it up. Aside from breathing, I think it's the most deeply ingrained aspect of our humanity.

It should come naturally to most people (though I've met some exceptions) and patience should too. It's instinctual. If that weren't the case I don't think any of us would be here. A cavemom would've tossed her brat off a cliff tens of thousands of years ago and that would've been that.

I agree with everything Sarcasmo said.

If the baby is breastfed, their poop doesn't even smell until you start them on solids.

Sarcasmo said:

The thought really terrifies me. I spend time with my niece and nephew and I'm scared. I don't know what to do, I don't know what they need, I don't know if I'm doing stuff right or messing them up. And sometimes babies just cry, I would go nuts trying to figure out why they're crying.

Having a child sounds very natural and very romantic, but then the reality of it is terrifying, I don't know if everyone is cut out to do that.

zengirl said:
The thought really terrifies me. I spend time with my niece and nephew and I'm scared. I don't know what to do, I don't know what they need, I don't know if I'm doing stuff right or messing them up. And sometimes babies just cry, I would go nuts trying to figure out why they're crying.

Having a child sounds very natural and very romantic, but then the reality of it is terrifying, I don't know if everyone is cut out to do that.

I will say you'll never be ready for it, but you'll figure it out once the kid comes.

zengirl said:

i dont think i've ever been worried about that, i'd just do it. always wanted a kid, taking care of it seemed natural.

kiwi said:
I will say you'll never be ready for it, but you'll figure it out once the kid comes.
Who am I kidding... I don't need a kid... I have a flynavy

:fly:

kids smell sometimes. And they bite. And they pee on your carpet.

kiwi said:
I understand completely, some days I feel like I'm raising two kids :fly: .
I have a flynavy, a Ryan and 5 cats... adding a kid is asking for trouble. :fly:

We've got our oldest cat leash trained, and now we've started taking him with us when we run errands, he likes the car... although when we went to the drive through, he tried jumping out the window. You can't do that with kids.