Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
I personally think he is getting quite big. Well Bri (HydroSqueegee) and I took him to the doctor Tuesday for his 8 week checkup, and 3 vaccines. He hated the vaccines. Well the doctor weighed and measured him. He weighs 9 lbs 4 oz and is 22 inches long. That means he has gained 2 lbs 8 oz since birth (actually more b/c he dropped almost a pond after his birth, and grew 2 and 3/4 inches. I personally thought it was great... well he is in the 25th percentile for weights and 10th for height... my son really is tiny ;)

Pics of course!!!
Cole about a week ago
IMG_1070rr.JPG

Kitty investigating him asleep
IMG_0988r.jpg

He looks adorable, and while all babies LOOK small, he is a good size. (mine was 7 lbs 3 ozs and 8 weeks, but started at 4 lbs 4 oz :) )

Was Cole a premie? My son was tiny, too. He weighed 6 lbs. at birth, and then after that ramped it up to the 97th percentile. Give him time, love, and food. He'll puff up before you know it.

The cat is bigger than the baby! :lol:

That's my problem, if I ever have a kid, all of my cats are going to dwarf it.

Sarcasmo said:
And cover his hands when he sleeps so they don't get cold!
Is it to keep them warm or to keep them from clawing their faces up? My nephew had to wear mittens all the time because he kept scratching his face, he realy freaked my sister in law out.

zengirl said:
Is it to keep them warm or to keep them from clawing their faces up? My nephew had to wear mittens all the time because he kept scratching his face, he realy freaked my sister in law out.

usually thats the case, unless its really cold out I guess. He may need his fingers out to fend off the animals.

smileynev said:
usually thats the case, unless its really cold out I guess. He may need his fingers out to fend off the animals.
Animals respond better to closed fists than flailing fingers

zengirl said:

Well, both, but babies don't scratch their faces much when they sleep. Their hands radiate a lot of heat though. Same as their feet and heads. And because he's small he needs that extra heat.

When babies are awake they jerk and move their arms and hands and can claw their faces up. They have some sharp dang fingernails. It freaked me out at first, too. My little boy always had scratches on his cheeks and forehead, and I was always paranoid he would claw his eyes out. I just trimmed his nails when he was asleep, though that can be pretty hard because they're so small.

zengirl said:
Animals respond better to closed fists than flailing fingers

I good Wolverine like swipe across the snout will keep them away.