Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

Sarcasmo said:
Oh they are, for at least two years you have to be up in their business at all times. No life whatsoever. Kids in general are a massive amount of responsibility. You can't assume anything, you can't let your guard down, and you can't leave them alone. Shit happens in under a second sometimes. It's scary.

Typically though I'm comfortable leaving my son in a room alone unsupervised for two minutes now because I know his personality. He's a very wary and cautious child. Some kids run out into the street and act like hellions, but he quietly considers everything and isn't even comfortable going outside without holding my hand. Plus after a couple of minutes he comes to find me to make sure I'm still there. He is not amused when he can't find me.
So your habit of clinging to the cieling like a bat, doesn't go over too well with him?

ChikkenNoodul said:
So your habit of clinging to the cieling like a bat, doesn't go over too well with him?
I before E except after the C.

:p

I knew a couple once who had 2 kids 2 cats and 2 dogs... and their house was so filthy I couldn't be inside of it. The dirty cat stench was so horrible that even their children smelled of it. I'd babysit the kids at my house and bathe them and wash their clothes, it was just awful. Nothing on earth is worse than dirty cat.. well, except dirty ferret

ChikkenNoodul said:

I can't even kid around with him like that. I did once, and then I saw his face. I can't take seeing my son upset. It breaks my heart. Truly upset, not just pissing around and pouting like when he tries to get me to let him stay up late. That makes me laugh.

zengirl said:
I before E except after the C.

:p

I knew a couple once who had 2 kids 2 cats and 2 dogs... and their house was so filthy I couldn't be inside of it. The dirty cat stench was so horrible that even their children smelled of it. I'd babysit the kids at my house and bathe them and wash their clothes, it was just awful. Nothing on earth is worse than dirty cat.. well, except dirty ferret
I'll have you know I won spelling bees there missy :D

Ewwww

There is only one smell worse than filthy animal, and that's "old lady soiled herself 7 days in a row in the same clothes that the filthy cats slept on"

Sarcasmo said:
Oh they are, for at least two years you have to be up in their business at all times. No life whatsoever. Kids in general are a massive amount of responsibility. You can't assume anything, you can't let your guard down, and you can't leave them alone. Shit happens in under a second sometimes. It's scary.

Typically though I'm comfortable leaving my son in a room alone unsupervised for two minutes now because I know his personality. He's a very wary and cautious child. Some kids run out into the street and act like hellions, but he quietly considers everything and isn't even comfortable going outside without holding my hand. Plus after a couple of minutes he comes to find me to make sure I'm still there. He is not amused when he can't find me.
Is there some way to get a child to this cute phase without having to go through with the sleepless nights and pee soup poop?

zengirl said:
Is it to keep them warm or to keep them from clawing their faces up? My nephew had to wear mittens all the time because he kept scratching his face, he realy freaked my sister in law out.
scratching the face. My kid did the same thing His nails grow like mine about an inch every 3 weeks.