Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

HifiGirly said:
He hates having his hands covered, he freaks out and cries or uncovers them.

Just loosely put his blanket up on his chest every time he falls asleep. He won't know until he wakes up.

Sarcasmo said:
Just loosely put his blanket up on his chest every time he falls asleep. He won't know until he wakes up.
I usuaaly put it almost to his neck, he sleeps with his hands above his head.

Last edited:
Sarcasmo said:
Well, both, but babies don't scratch their faces much when they sleep. Their hands radiate a lot of heat though. Same as their feet and heads. And because he's small he needs that extra heat.

When babies are awake they jerk and move their arms and hands and can claw their faces up. They have some sharp dang fingernails. It freaked me out at first, too. My little boy always had scratches on his cheeks and forehead, and I was always paranoid he would claw his eyes out. I just trimmed his nails when he was asleep, though that can be pretty hard because they're so small.
Oh my goodness, babies are entirely too much responsibility :lol: I have a hard enough time getting out of bed at 9am to feed the cats, even though they're crawling all over me and swiping their paws at my nose. :loL:

Sarcasmo said:

Haylee let me swaddle her for a few months, but now she wont even stay under the blankets when she sleeps (good thing it's summer). If I put on on top of her she wiggles out of it while sleeping. When she was smaller she would also sleep with her hands above her head making it impossible to cover her hands.

HifiGirly said:
4 cats, a puppy and a baby ;)
Do you guys own your house? I'm having major issues trying to find a place to live with 5 cats. We aren't quite ready to buy just yet and landlords are limiting pets to 2... who has 2 cats?

zengirl said:
Do you guys own your house? I'm having major issues trying to find a place to live with 5 cats. We aren't quite ready to buy just yet and landlords are limiting pets to 2... who has 2 cats?

People who aren't insane :tard:

kiwi said:
People who aren't insane :tard:
Now, I heard on the radio that the crazy cat lady stigma doesn't start until you have 6 cats and no guy. The fact that I have 5 cats and a guy (who techincally owns 2 of them) leaves me well in the clear on the cat sanity issue. :p

zengirl said:
Now, I heard on the radio that the crazy cat lady stigma doesn't start until you have 6 cats and no guy. The fact that I have 5 cats and a guy (who techincally owns 2 of them) leaves me well in the clear on the cat sanity issue. :p

Come one, you know you look forward to the day that you can sit on an old run down porch in your overgrown yard, petting your cats with your long fingernails (having at least 100-200 cats by then) and scaring all the little kids in the neighborhood :fly: .

kiwi said:
Come one, you know you look forward to the day that you can sit on an old run down porch in your overgrown yard, petting your cats with your long fingernails (having at least 100-200 cats by then) and scaring all the little kids in the neighborhood :fly: .
Ryan wants a 6th cat, I said no. I think we'd have a smell issue if we got anymore... and I think the dirty cat smell is the worst smell in the world. I want a great dane puppy.

zengirl said:
We own a house. When we had an apartment we had 2 cats, one was mine, one was his. We adopted other 2 the week we got the house.

HifiGirly said:
We own a house. When we had an apartment we had 2 cats, one was mine, one was his. We adopted other 2 the week we got the house.
hhhmmm I'm starting to wonder if maybe we didnt' think this 5 cat thing all the way through. :fly:

zengirl said:
Oh my goodness, babies are entirely too much responsibility :lol: I have a hard enough time getting out of bed at 9am to feed the cats, even though they're crawling all over me and swiping their paws at my nose. :loL:

Oh they are, for at least two years you have to be up in their business at all times. No life whatsoever. Kids in general are a massive amount of responsibility. You can't assume anything, you can't let your guard down, and you can't leave them alone. Shit happens in under a second sometimes. It's scary.

Typically though I'm comfortable leaving my son in a room alone unsupervised for two minutes now because I know his personality. He's a very wary and cautious child. Some kids run out into the street and act like hellions, but he quietly considers everything and isn't even comfortable going outside without holding my hand. Plus after a couple of minutes he comes to find me to make sure I'm still there. He is not amused when he can't find me.