Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

zengirl said:
The thought really terrifies me. I spend time with my niece and nephew and I'm scared. I don't know what to do, I don't know what they need, I don't know if I'm doing stuff right or messing them up. And sometimes babies just cry, I would go nuts trying to figure out why they're crying.

Having a child sounds very natural and very romantic, but then the reality of it is terrifying, I don't know if everyone is cut out to do that.

Are you close to your mom, and was she good at it? You need a rolemodel that you can call (frequently, probably, like most people) about anything and everything. Fortunately my mom is like Martha Stewart and seems to know everything about everything. I call her with a question from fevers to teething and she gives me a list of 10 things to do.

zengirl said:
I have a flynavy, a Ryan and 5 cats... adding a kid is asking for trouble. :fly:

We've got our oldest cat leash trained, and now we've started taking him with us when we run errands, he likes the car... although when we went to the drive through, he tried jumping out the window. You can't do that with kids.

You can't take kids to the drive thru?

Sarcasmo said:
Are you close to your mom, and was she good at it? You need a rolemodel that you can call (frequently, probably, like most people) about anything and everything. Fortunately my mom is like Martha Stewart and seems to know everything about everything. I call her with a question from fevers to teething and she gives me a list of 10 things to do.

i hope my mom will do this for me. i know she will, i just know she wont be happy with me.

Sarcasmo said:
;) I'm the mom in my family. My mom never got to the growing up part. My entire family lives 350+ miles away, I'd be relying upon Ryan's family a lot, and they're pretty wonderful.

Sarcasmo said:

My mom is great like that too, and if anything gets really bad, she'll hop in the car and come up to help (she lives 1 1/2 hours away). I agree having a great rolemodel helps tons.

thrawn said:
i hope my mom will do this for me. i know she will, i just know she wont be happy with me.

Yeah I wasn't married and had known my son's mom for oooooh 4 months before knocking her up. That went over well. And her folks are strict Catholic, mine are Lutheran (Angry ex-Catholics). But then they saw him and all of that went out the window. No one can fault the world's cutest baby for having stupid parents.

What's that old Jewish quote? "It's funny how a man who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest baby in the world." It's kind of the same principal.

zengirl said:
;) I'm the mom in my family. My mom never got to the growing up part. My entire family lives 350+ miles away, I'd be relying upon Ryan's family a lot, and they're pretty wonderful.

Yeah I thought I remembered that about you but I didn't want to assume anything. I wasn't sure if I was thinking of someone else.

I think you're already 3/4s of the way there and don't even realize it. But I'm really glad you have Ryan's family to pick up the slack.

Sarcasmo said:
Yeah I wasn't married and had known my son's mom for oooooh 4 months before knocking her up. That went over well. And her folks are strict Catholic, mine are Lutheran (Angry ex-Catholics). But then they saw him and all of that went out the window. No one can fault the world's cutest baby for having stupid parents.

What's that old Jewish quote? "It's funny how a man who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest baby in the world." It's kind of the same principal.

i'll let you know how it goes :lol:

thrawn said:
too late for that

Well congrats then, man! I'm here for you. I went through it, so maybe I can offer some advice. Like if you have a son, and you're changing a poopy diaper, cover his ding-a-ling with a washcloth. Unless you like pee in your face, I mean.

Sarcasmo said:
Well congrats then, man! I'm here for you. I went through it, so maybe I can offer some advice. Like if you have a son, and you're changing a poopy diaper, cover his ding-a-ling with a washcloth. Unless you like pee in your face, I mean.

:shifty:

Sarcasmo said:

no, i mean lunch is already here