Ontopic CBD/THC Thread

I think my Ambit is starting to clog, way inside.

@wetwille if you ever decide to cut yours open, post a pic or three here please. I’m curious about the path that air travels through the FUCKING THING.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I think my Ambit is starting to clog, way inside.

@wetwille if you ever decide to cut yours open, post a pic or three here please. I’m curious about the path that air travels through the FUCKING THING.
DUDE, I'M GOING IN. Seriously. I'm on the can presently, gonna go cut that shark open.

I usually blew in the hole at the bottom every time I cleaned it to keep all shit particles hopefully in the sections I could easily get to.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
There she blows!! The hole in the middle, it's 1/8"/3mm. Thats the bottom entry to the chamber.
It's just pressed into a plastic tube running from that bottom hole in the vape. You can see that assembly at lower left corner in pic above. The aluminum chamber has a thin layer of ceramic fiber cloth around it for insulation. *Entire outside of the Ambit is aluminum case with rubber paint over it.

Blast the bottom hole with some starting fluid, then blast it with an air hose. And then piss on it. :)

I nearly did that yesterday with 99% Isopropyl alcohol.

Thanks for the pics. I was able to instantly see the bowl/air path part immediately, even before you pointed it out. It makes sense that it’s pretty isolated and self-contained from the rest of the innards.

It’s maddening because the bowl, screen, etc all look spotless. Hard to tell anything has even been in it, which is amazing when I look at the bag of ABV that I’ve been saving since I switched to vaping. 😀

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
The Pax 2 has its “bowl” at the bottom and the draw hole is at the top, so it’s basically reversed in the Ambit. When I used the Pax, I’d use a pipe cleaner with 99% isopropyl through it. My brother (it’s his Pax) furnished drink stirrers (straws) that fit perfect and clean it, but not good enough.

Is that a wire running through the opening?

If that isn’t a wire or essential to its operation, I may drill a hole in the bottom large enough to run a pipe cleaner through it.

If that isn’t a wire or essential to its operation, I may drill a hole in the bottom large enough to run a pipe cleaner through it.
That wire IS essential. THat's wire for the heater. The wire for the sensor is gone, now that the outer plastic intestine is gone.

Just run some high test isopropyl through it. You could then stick it in a bag of rice overnight like when a cell phone gets dropped in water. IF you're worried about frying it because it's not dry enough.

Thanks again for ripping it open and posting pics! A lot.

Sorry for voiding your warranty 😀

I’ve managed to keep it from plugging worse by leaving it on it’s side immediately after use, but that’ll stop working in time. That’s when I’ll run the 99% alcohol through it.

Have you seen the vaporizers that look like those old “torpedo” pipes that require a flame device to heat the outside? Seems to be the most economical way to vape, but I don’t like the inconvenience of them.

Thanks again for ripping it open and posting pics! A lot.

Sorry for voiding your warranty 😀

I’ve managed to keep it from plugging worse by leaving it on it’s side immediately after use, but that’ll stop working in time. That’s when I’ll run the 99% alcohol through it.

Have you seen the vaporizers that look like those old “torpedo” pipes that require a flame device to heat the outside? Seems to be the most economical way to vape, but I don’t like the inconvenience of them.
Yeah, I've seen those torpedo pipes. Too funny, like something you'd cook up out of desperation in the garage.

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant