Ontopic CBD/THC Thread

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,751
**disclaimer** i am not a marijuana user at all. i don't smoke it, vape it, eat it. nothing. some OGs here know I have a severe panic disorder and stimulants like THC are the devil, I haven't smoked a spliff since I was a teenager aka 638 BC, I simply dont fuck with this shit **

Has anyone here tried CBD Oils to treat pain, inflammation, sleeping, anxiety etc?

On friday I was with a client and i had a 10/10 panic attack that I haven't experienced in about 4 yrs. My client is a holistic nutritionist and she had some CBD drops and gave me some to calm me down (it took her an hour to convince me cuz i kept thinking this stupid shit was gonna get me stoned)
anyways she gave some to me and I went on my way and with in 20 min... my heart wasn't racing and i started to just calm down and relax.
I simply felt OK! It was a bit surreal as I was more concerned with coming in contact with THC, but there was none in this stuff and i feel like it saved my life.

So Im out here educating myself on the benefits of CBD. I know that some super low amounts of THC is good to have for the CBD to work best but that's not for me.

If y'all have any stories you can share, please post away. Im super interested.

CBD is another chemical in pot plants that isn't psychoactive. It ain't gonna give you a buzz (or the paranoid, panic/fear some people get).

It still has some effects/benefits though. Generally calming, antianxiety, stress relief type stuff on the mental end. Some also use it as a pain relief option instead of pharma pills and the problems that come with them.

There's different means and methods of extracting and purifying it and I'll leave those details to people like @pacojas and other professionals. Some might be more harsh chemicals and some better/cleaner ways.

Re: THC. There may well be some trace amounts left in the product but it's more akin to how non-alcoholic beer has some tiny fraction of a % of alcohol still in it, or how the poppy seeds on a bagel or whatever technically have some tiny bit of opium in them but it's so small you pretty much physically can't consume enough to feel any effect.

Even some uptight Bible belt states here that would never allow fully legal weed are allowing CBD oil. That's because you just plain can't get high off it (or in your case panicky). But it does still have some health benefits.

What your friend had seemed to help you. I'd start with finding what product it was as a starting point. And maybe don't be so fearful of the THC thing just because "it's pot, man".
There's likely little to none and there's a lot more to the plant than just that.

CBD is another chemical in pot plants that isn't psychoactive. It ain't gonna give you a buzz (or the paranoid, panic/fear some people get).

It still has some effects/benefits though. Generally calming, antianxiety, stress relief type stuff on the mental end. Some also use it as a pain relief option instead of pharma pills and the problems that come with them.

There's different means and methods of extracting and purifying it and I'll leave those details to people like @pacojas and other professionals. Some might be more harsh chemicals and some better/cleaner ways.

Re: THC. There may well be some trace amounts left in the product but it's more akin to how non-alcoholic beer has some tiny fraction of a % of alcohol still in it, or how the poppy seeds on a bagel or whatever technically have some tiny bit of opium in them but it's so small you pretty much physically can't consume enough to feel any effect.

Even some uptight Bible belt states here that would never allow fully legal weed are allowing CBD oil. That's because you just plain can't get high off it (or in your case panicky). But it does still have some health benefits.

What your friend had seemed to help you. I'd start with finding what product it was as a starting point. And maybe don't be so fearful of the THC thing just because "it's pot, man".
There's likely little to none and there's a lot more to the plant than just that.

Excellent post and input! Thank so you much for this :hugs:

THC has some fucked up side effects for me, even suicidal. Like I can’t even begin to tell you how messed up that shit got me the last time I smoked it when I was 18. Never again. And I used to smoke it ALL THE TIME, but when my panic disorder took over my life it was over .. good bye ganja.

This is the stuff my client gave me at her house.

I’ve already contacted the company and I’m going to pick some up tomorrow.
I cannot believe how much this helped me. Like I’m legit blown away.
I simply feel FINE.
Anxiety and panic is so fucking exhausting

d95b6587fc85b79e46af6d228ed4eb68.jpg

I just signed up for the FL medical marijuana card, so in about 12 days I should be able to tell you.

Omg yay!
Please let me know, I am soooo fascinated by this.
I’ve had sooooo many people tell me in the past about CBD and my simple ignorance and fear of the whole “marijuana” word would send me to the hills.
I’m super traumatized

Can’t wait to hear your feedback :heart:

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and Duke
Omg yay!
Please let me know, I am soooo fascinated by this.
I’ve had sooooo many people tell me in the past about CBD and my simple ignorance and fear of the whole “marijuana” word would send me to the hills.
I’m super traumatized

Can’t wait to hear your feedback :heart:
In the meantime, the real world weed I have right now is top notch.

I’m using only the stuff with no thc or whatever trace amount is in there
And apparently it doesn’t show up on drug tests
Correct as long as you don’t ingest a ton you’re good. Average drug tests look for THC not CBD. For most people that’s good. Minus the usual folks who can’t do anything like Governemnt, Law Enforcement, etc.

great thread, kids! keep up the research and educate your friends and family. i have nothing to add except we grew a strain called Mango that's 1:1, CBD to THC and i got smashed, mannnn!!
i was like a swollen pimple that wouldn't pop,... and suddenly i did pop, lmao. it was like pain, pleasure, less pain, more pleasure, then NO pain and MO pleasure.
and then, ZZZZZZZZZZ

seriously though,.. that shit can be expensive and please @Maureen,.. read the labels. there are too many different concoctions and ways to administer to be guessing.

**disclaimer** i am not a marijuana user at all. i don't smoke it, vape it, eat it. nothing. some OGs here know I have a severe panic disorder and stimulants like THC are the devil, I haven't smoked a spliff since I was a teenager aka 638 BC, I simply dont fuck with this shit **

Has anyone here tried CBD Oils to treat pain, inflammation, sleeping, anxiety etc?

On friday I was with a client and i had a 10/10 panic attack that I haven't experienced in about 4 yrs. My client is a holistic nutritionist and she had some CBD drops and gave me some to calm me down (it took her an hour to convince me cuz i kept thinking this stupid shit was gonna get me stoned)
anyways she gave some to me and I went on my way and with in 20 min... my heart wasn't racing and i started to just calm down and relax.
I simply felt OK! It was a bit surreal as I was more concerned with coming in contact with THC, but there was none in this stuff and i feel like it saved my life.

So Im out here educating myself on the benefits of CBD. I know that some super low amounts of THC is good to have for the CBD to work best but that's not for me.

If y'all have any stories you can share, please post away. Im super interested.
My wife had always been against weed since I met her - got her to try some CBD drops for aches & pains and she got rid of two prescription drugs she was using. Like any other product the quality varies by manufacturer. Look online for some reviews of the various companies if you want to see what is being said about them. You'll probably see the name "Lazarus Naturals". That's the one she uses now - according to the reviews it's good-> better quality yet not too expensive. I use their CBD Balm on my temples and neck occasionally for stress headache or a tight neck from too much computer work. Lazarus Naturals Amazing - their shit is even on Amazon.:cool:

My wife had always been against weed since I met her - got her to try some CBD drops for aches & pains and she got rid of two prescription drugs she was using. Like any other product the quality varies by manufacturer. Look online for some reviews of the various companies if you want to see what is being said about them. You'll probably see the name "Lazarus Naturals". That's the one she uses now - according to the reviews it's good-> better quality yet not too expensive. I use their CBD Balm on my temples and neck occasionally for stress headache or a tight neck from too much computer work. Lazarus Naturals Amazing - their shit is even on Amazon.:cool:
Unless something has changed, you can't buy anything with actual CBD on Amazon.

edit: Confirmed, and also confirms my point above. Shit is shady.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp...guage=en-US&ref=mpbc_200277220_cont_200164490