Ontopic CBD/THC Thread

this is responsible and i respect you for that!
ceo forgets that other people live here. he is the only smoker and we have to trip over his vape pens everywhere
there is still one missing cuz he doesn’t remember where he left it and i’m livid about it
Thanks.
I have NEVER intentionally been seen by my kids(25-39) toking and AFAIK they have never found my stash or paraphernalia. They know I do it, but it's just not something I do like it's all casual. None of them toke. They've all tried it - we talk. I have mixed feelings on my own drug use - I always tell them nobody needs it and probably 95% of my stupidest moments can be attributed to drugs or alcohol. Maybe when I grow up I'll quit.
He's punk daddying it - feel free to share that.

this is responsible and i respect you for that!
ceo forgets that other people live here. he is the only smoker and we have to trip over his vape pens everywhere
there is still one missing cuz he doesn’t remember where he left it and i’m livid about it
he doesnt forget, he doesnt care.

Why would he pick the lock when he can just carry the whole thing off and cut it open?

The Germans don't hide or lock away beer like this. They use it openly and responsibly in family settings. As a result their kids don't see it as some taboo thing or something to try and "get away with", and they mostly grow up to also be responsible with it and pass it on.
Same with the French or Italians and their wine.
No reason one couldn't do the same with weed. It's a mild enough substance there's a pretty good distance between use and abuse.

Why would he pick the lock when he can just carry the whole thing off and cut it open?

The Germans don't hide or lock away beer like this. They use it openly and responsibly in family settings. As a result their kids don't see it as some taboo thing or something to try and "get away with", and they mostly grow up to also be responsible with it and pass it on.
Same with the French or Italians and their wine.
No reason one couldn't do the same with weed. It's a mild enough substance there's a pretty good distance between use and abuse.
Well, the guy(CEO) probably lived under tough pot laws most of his life - I'm surprised it isn't a little more ingrained in him to be secretive on it. There is a thin line between responsible usage and setting an example of drugs or alcohol as a go-to life fixer. Most who use a substance, over do it occasionally. I'm unconvinced that seeing a responsible example is truly a factor in how responsibly a kid will use it. I think different people use drugs at different amounts due to personal brain chemistry.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well, the guy(CEO) probably lived under tough pot laws most of his life - I'm surprised it isn't a little more ingrained in him to be secretive on it. There is a thin line between responsible usage and setting an example of drugs or alcohol as a go-to life fixer. Most who use a substance, over do it occasionally. I'm unconvinced that seeing a responsible example is truly a factor in how responsibly a kid will use it. I think different people use drugs at different amounts due to personal brain chemistry.

Good points, Ed. And no I wouldn't leave the stuff laying around for the kids to wake up to either.
Was coming at it more from an angle of natural teen curiosity and rebellion. As in when something is so strictly verboten and preached against as bad, bad, no, no, some of them gonna seek it out if for no other reason than just to see what the big deal is.
Then when they don't have a bad experience with it and see that well so-and-so does it and they're not laying in the gutter might just figure you're full of shit and get even deeper into it. Wonder what else you've been telling them that doesn't add up (in their extremely limited experience). Reinforces that whole teen thing of thinking they know everything and their parents are just old and out of touch and not worth listening to.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Good points, Ed. And no I wouldn't leave the stuff laying around for the kids to wake up to either.
Was coming at it more from an angle of natural teen curiosity and rebellion. As in when something is so strictly verboten and preached against as bad, bad, no, no, some of them gonna seek it out if for no other reason than just to see what the big deal is.
Then when they don't have a bad experience with it and see that well so-and-so does it and they're not laying in the gutter might just figure you're full of shit and get even deeper into it. Wonder what else you've been telling them that doesn't add up (in their extremely limited experience). Reinforces that whole teen thing of thinking they know everything and their parents are just old and out of touch and not worth listening to.

i don’t want to test that theory or risk it with my child .. if we can avoid having it lying around we should. it’s a controlled environment

if kiko were to score a joint on the street on his way home from school then i can’t really control that (unless i find out and beat his ass)

CEO is a grown ass man with a minor under his roof. he needs to be more careful period.
i find it extremely disrespectful for him to continue to the ignore my many many requests.

anyhoo now he has that stupid weed bag and it’s all contained there

let’s see how long this lasts. he does it again, i’ll toss it in the garbage

i don’t want to test that theory or risk it with my child .. if we can avoid having it lying around we should. it’s a controlled environment

if kiko were to score a joint on the street on his way home from school then i can’t really control that (unless i find out and beat his ass)

CEO is a grown ass man with a minor under his roof. he needs to be more careful period.
i find it extremely disrespectful for him to continue to the ignore my many many requests.

ON first read my eyes saw "controlled substance". That is what it is. ;)
Hope you guys can resolve it peacefully. But don't back down.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Always interesting when someone becomes an addict late in life.
By 20 years old I was burnt out.

i tried every drug under the sun by the time i was 18. i have partied enough for 3 lifetimes.
CEO was a more sheltered square. clearly he and I come from two different worlds. So when I see him getting overly excited over a joint at the age of 50+ I look at him and cringe

giphy.gif

Garbage hell, take it and sell it back to him at an exorbitant price.

• Love
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
Low-stress grow. All plants have 1/2-3/4" stems but have been topped and spread/bent/soulcrushed to fill all available space when viewed from above. So instead of 12 big, 4-5 oz. colas(12 plants) and a bunch of walnuts and popcorn, I will have a few hundred 1-2 oz. squirrel tails and little popcorn. All plants are being kept below 30" - so I can step over them until they start budding. WIll shortly run hoops of fence below the lowest branches so as the plants get too heavy they have something to catch them. Instead of getting dirty and breaking and shit.
*Soulcrush: to gently crush and bend a plant's branch, so it bends without breaking, then forms a nice knot of support there. Side branches immediately respond by trying to grow upward, enhancing the whole effect through weight. Later, they too get SC'd ;)
20210615_081315.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Immigrant