Cat flips out bites owner 20 times

I missed the public parks thing. I don't recall language stating that they would be rendered safe from predators upon their creation, either at the state or federal level. So yes, it's at risk. Life is at risk. You think I don't worry about hyenas on my way to the parking garage every night?

Last edited:
Losing an argument? No its more used for people who bitch about something they are using, such as this forum. Gang mentality around here might kick your ass :fly:

Give me one example where I bitched about this forum... just one.

Actually, I have been mild. One at a time or all together, you can't lay a glove on me.

Finally, what I have been doing here is addressing a whole bunch of people while defending my position. I know some folks have noticed it, but apparently that escapes you.

I happen to think that I have contributed to a lively thread and, really, isn't that what this forum is all about. Too many people know each other personally here. It takes some outside perspective to get things going.

I thought that is why I was invited in.

Actually, I have been mild. One at a time or all together, you can't lay a glove on me.

Finally, what I have been doing here is addressing a whole bunch of people while defending my position. I know some folks have noticed it, but apparently that escapes you.

I happen to think that I have contributed to a lively thread and, really, isn't that what this forum is all about. Too many people know each other personally here. It takes some outside perspective to get things going.

No one really knows Sarcasmo and Wonko IRL... we're sure they're bots.

I missed the public parks thing. I don't recall language stating that they would be rendered safe from predators upon their creation, either at the state or federal level. So yes, it's at risk. Life is at risk. You think I don't worry about hyenas on my way to the parking garage every night?

Actually no. Public parks are supposed to be safe. That is why they have full time rangers.

You are supposed to RV it with the family for fun, not experience some survival course.

Up in the mountains where I go there is a large section that is signed for 2 weeks deer hunting and a different area for black powder hunting. There are winding dirt roads leading to the outer trout fishing areas, but even those are patrolled for safety by rangers.

The rangers don't like the bears any more than the locals.

Saying that we have a gang mentality and public schooled city folks as a whole is not the best way to get your point across. I am happy you stick by your point but it is a very odd view to have. I enjoy odd views and different stand points but come on now? Kill all animals that might pose a threat to humans, that seems very far fetched. Who choses which ones die? You? The Government?

I always thought the point of a state park was to preserve the natural state of that particular area... I figure if you want to experience animals in an unnatural state, therefore a safe state, you'd go to a zoo or something.

Actually no. Public parks are supposed to be safe. That is why they have full time rangers.

You are supposed to RV it with the family for fun, not experience some survival course.

Up in the mountains where I go there is a large section that is signed for 2 weeks deer hunting and a different area for black powder hunting. There are winding dirt roads leading to the outer trout fishing areas, but even those are patrolled for safety by rangers.

Park rangers police people not animals.

Do you know anyone who works with the Conservation Department on any level? :lol:

President Woodrow Wilson signed the "Organic Act" on August 25, 1916 (39 Stat. F35).
TITLE 16--CONSERVATION
CHAPTER 1--NATIONAL PARKS, MILITARY PARKS, MONUMENTS, AND SEASHORES
SUBCHAPTER I--NATIONAL PARK SERVICE

Sec. 1. Service created; director; other employees
There is created in the Department of the Interior a service to be called the National Park Service, which shall be under the charge of a director. The Secretary of the Interior shall appoint the director, and there shall also be in said service such subordinate officers, clerks, and employees as may be appropriated for by Congress. The service thus established shall promote and regulate the use of the Federal areas known as national parks, monuments, and reservations hereinafter specified, except such as are under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Army, as provided by law, by such means and measures as conform to the fundamental purpose of the said parks, monuments, and reservations, which purpose is to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and the wild life therein and to provide for the enjoyment of the same in such manner and by such means as will leave them unimpaired for the enjoyment of future generations.
(U.S.C., title 16, sec. 1.)

Last edited:

Are you on drugs? My uncle is a park ranger in Illinois. No kidding. Neither he nor any of his coworkers hate or fear bears or other predators. They educate entire groups of visitors about safety, because hey, you're in the wild now. Don't let the word "park" fool you. The dude LOVES animals and nature.

I honestly still don't see this stand point at all and cannot wrap my mind around it. How do you justify killing wild animals in there natural habitat because they might, usually if provoked, harm a human? To put it in more of around my area aspect I have been thinking of how many gators there are. Just because the Florida Everglades is a park does this mean we should kill all the gators in there? I would really like to hear you answer on that.

I fell ~120 feet off a cliff in a public park. I attribute it to my own stupidity though.

Are you on drugs? My uncle is a park ranger in Illinois. No kidding. Neither he nor any of his coworkers hate or fear bears or other predators. They educate entire groups of visitors about safety, because hey, you're in the wild now. Don't let the word "park" fool you. The dude LOVES animals and nature.

The woman who has been living with my brother for about 15 years now is a ranger. She shares my opinion. So does every other ranger I have ever spoken to.

And, I have spent my entire life in the mountains; so, I have personal experience as well as countless contacts with people who live there.

Not saying that you are not telling it like you hear it... it is just that I am telling it like I personally experienced it, lived it, know the people that live there daily. And, just for the record, because we differ on opinions and personal life experiences doesn't mean one of us is on drugs.

My uncle spent 30 years with the Missouri Department of Conservation ;)

The woman who has been living with my brother for about 15 years now is a ranger. She shares my opinion. So does every other ranger I have ever spoken to.

And, I have spent my entire life in the mountains; so, I have personal experience as well as countless contacts with people who live there.

Not saying that you are not telling it like you hear it... it is just that I am telling it like I personally experienced it, lived it, know the people that live there daily. And, just for the record, because we differ on opinions and personal life experiences doesn't mean one of us is on drugs.

Same here. And I was taught to cherish and respect the animals that live there, including the ones that will most likely never attack you.