Being Single ...

I've been single for 2 years now, and just don't feel ready to see other people yet. The last one was such a disaster, with such a lack of communication, romance, and all the other things that a relationship should be about that I'm just not looking for anything or anyone at the moment. I wasn't "burned" so to speak, I'm just disillusioned. Other than my incredible little boy, it was a complete waste of my time. I might as well have gone to a movie alone, gone home to masturbate and cry for a while, and then adopted a kid when I was a done.

Sarcasmo said:
I've been single for 2 years now, and just don't feel ready to see other people yet. The last one was such a disaster, with such a lack of communication, romance, and all the other things that a relationship should be about that I'm just not looking for anything or anyone at the moment. I wasn't "burned" so to speak, I'm just disillusioned. Other than my incredible little boy, it was a complete waste of my time. I might as well have gone to a movie alone, gone home to masturbate and cry for a while, and then adopted a kid when I was a done.

Iwish I could get to the point you're at. My problem is I still belive there's a man for me somewhere. Someone who will want to chat about waht goes on in our lives, and does occassional nice surprising things. I have always taken excellent care of the men I care about and never recieved the same in return. I still believe in the romance and I wish I was disillusioned.

Bubbles said:
Iwish I could get to the point you're at. My problem is I still belive there's a man for me somewhere. Someone who will want to chat about waht goes on in our lives, and does occassional nice surprising things. I have always taken excellent care of the men I care about and never recieved the same in return. I still believe in the romance and I wish I was disillusioned.

Yeah - I agree. I never had a 'bad' relationship to be bitter about. So I still have HIGH hopes. But I keep thinking I need to be with my 'soulmate' (so to speak) and I wonder if that is just a fantasy.

Bubbles said:

i've had enough horrid relationships. But i still have hope, i'll never take out what happened in a previous relationship on a new one.

Live like theres no tomorrow
Love like you've never been hurt
and dance like no-ones watching

b_sinning said:
Candy how long were you married? And how old were you?

I was legally married almost three years to the day, seperated a year before the actual divorce so I guess living as married for two. I was 23 when I got married, and knew the day I walked down the isle it was the wrong decision; how sad because I can actually say that I was too scared to dissapoint everyone else in my life and the plans were laid out (both for the actual wedding, and the rest of our lives basically) so I thought I could learn to live with it. Everyone kept telling me it was normal to have cold feet.

NOTE TO ALL CONSIDERING MARRIGE: IMHO - It is NOT normal to consider divorce as an option before you take the plunge. Please spare eveyone the heartache and get out.

B - you are lucky to have found your "someone" as am I.

Candy said:
I am a firm believer that everyone has that person out there for them, it is only a matter of when you will meet. I never thought it would happen to me. My only advice is to keep an open mind when you meet someone, and as soon as you stop looking it will fall into your lap.

WE are now immediate family. We take care of each other in a way I never thought possible. I used to be a very "independant" person who didn't believe in being that girl who came home every night and made sure dinner was on the table.... I have now become that girl.

If that person has not come into your life yet, then there is definatly something to be said for being able to do whatever the hell you want to do, when you want to do it. Enjoy it while it lasts... when you find "the one: you will no longer have that freedom, but if it's the right person you won't even care.

Gosh that hit close to home for me. Completely agree.

Being single is great. You have to enjoy your place in life, otherwise you won't have any joy to share with others.

Being miserable in life is unattractive...

Candy said:
Not to be cheesy but you and Fly are very much like Shawn and I. It's nice to see others like that... I reiterates the fact that it is only a matter of time for everyone to find their soulmate. :heart:

I'm seeing both of your relationships from single eyes. Rather than give me hope, they both show me what I'll never have. The only men that would treat me like yours do you are men that I have no interest in. The only person who really was what I want, got me and liked me for all my stupid isms. He just isn't ready to settle down with a girlfriend and he probably never will be.

Now I'm stuck wondering if I should lower my physical attraction standards, but I can't see me having a healthy relationship with someone I'm unnatracted to.

Candy said:
Not to be cheesy but you and Fly are very much like Shawn and I. It's nice to see others like that... I reiterates the fact that it is only a matter of time for everyone to find their soulmate. :heart:

It's true. I didn't believe in the concept of soul-mates until I met him.

You can't look for a soulmate either, it just has to (like you said) fall into your lap.

Bubbles said:
I'm seeing both of your relationships from single eyes. Rather than give me hope, they both show me what I'll never have. The only men that would treat me like yours do you are men that I have no interest in. The only person who really was what I want, got me and liked me for all my stupid isms. He just isn't ready to settle down with a girlfriend and he probably never will be.

Now I'm stuck wondering if I should lower my physical attraction standards, but I can't see me having a healthy relationship with someone I'm unnatracted to.

Don't ever do that. Lowering standards just for the sake of trying to shorten your singlehood is not only the wrong reason to do so, but it's a great way to have even more shitty relationships that you don't care about.

Just be yourself. Live life with your head held high, and some guy will eventually see you and say "Why can't I find a girl like that?"

Bubbles said:

The initial attraction to your soulmate does not have to be physical... It is all chemistry IMO.

I just happened to get lucky with mine! :heart:

Sarcasmo said:
Don't ever do that. Lowering standards just for the sake of trying to shorten your singlehood is not only the wrong reason to do so, but it's a great way to have even more shitty relationships that you don't care about.

Just be yourself. Live life with your head held high, and some guy will eventually see you and say "Why can't I find a girl like that?"

They already do, she just needs to open her eyes.

i think that before you can give the gift of a complete self to someone else, you need to understand that the life you were given is for YOU. YOU have to learn how to live with YOURSELF. there's no guarantee that you will share YOUR life with someone else. you have to learn how to live your life, for yourself. when you're doing this, you figure out a lot about yourself, you find strength, you build your character. if you stop looking and focus on yourself, you have the potential to build a solid being. THEN, you are ready, IF the time comes, to give this AWESOME person to someone else as a GIFT. "look here...i'm A, B, C, D and E...this are the great things i can offer you...i've worked hard on these, and they won't be taken for granted. are you worthy of me, as i am to get you?" because the person who will be attracted to YOU as a strong, healthy, balanced person is a person you will probably be wanting to compliment who you are.

am i making sense?