Being Single ...

April23 said:
It's true. I didn't believe in the concept of soul-mates until I met him.

You can't look for a soulmate either, it just has to (like you said) fall into your lap.

I can just imagine fly and April seeing each other irl for the first time and admiring the waffles on each others head and knowing they had found their soulmates.

b_sinning said:
I can just imagine fly and April seeing each other irl for the first time and admiring the waffles on each others head and knowing they had found their soulmates.
:lol: That's us blissfully insane.

Sarcasmo said:
I don't see what the big deal is about being single really. You can do what you want when you want, or WHO you want when you want. You answer to yourself.

I don't think it's as bad as some people make it sound. Certain individuals are just very needy, or lonely by nature. They have to be with someone to feel validated or whole. Me, I'm a loner. If I never find someone again, so be it. It just doesn't bother me.
Everybody thinks they're a loner at one point or another, I find this has more to do with resignation than with acceptance.

I hated being single. I hate uncertainty, the unknown, I'm much happier with security. Many times though, being coupled is so much scarier than being alone.

zengirl said:
Everybody thinks they're a loner at one point or another, I find this has more to do with resignation than with acceptance.

I hated being single. I hate uncertainty, the unknown, I'm much happier with security. Many times though, being coupled is so much scarier than being alone.

I am very, very good at being alone. I think I was born to be single.

Sarcasmo said:
I am very, very good at being alone. I think I was born to be single.
I said that at one point too. Then I woke up from a drunken stupor and realized how miserable I was. I don't know if any human is born to be single, I think we're a social species.

April23 said:
I have an Uncle who is the same way. He's never been interested in women.

I'm interested in them, just not in cohabitating with them.

But thanks for comparing me to your gay uncle. :lol:

Candy said:
The initial attraction to your soulmate does not have to be physical... It is all chemistry IMO.

I just happened to get lucky with mine! :heart:

Definatly! When I first met theac I was in a relationship. I thought he was cute but I saw him as a friend rather than a love interest. But as I got to know him the 'friend' thing developed into something much more and that's when the chemistry really kicked in, and we eventually started dating. And the rest is history. I love him for who he is, not just because I'm physicly attracted to him. :heart: So don't limit yourself just because someone doesn't fit the 'mold' a first. ;)

Sarcasmo said:
I'm interested in them, just not in cohabitating with them.

But thanks for comparing me to your gay uncle. :lol:

He's not gay either. He's not interested in being with anyone but god.

Pandora said:
Definatly! When I first met theac I was in a relationship. I thought he was cute but I saw him as a friend rather than a love interest. But as I got to know him the 'friend' thing developed into something much more and that's when the chemistry really kicked in, and we eventually started dating. And the rest is history. I love him for who he is, not just because I'm physicly attracted to him. :heart: So don't limit yourself just because someone doesn't fit the 'mold' a first. ;)
:lol: that's almost exactly what happened with SchmilK and me

Fat Burger said:
Being single was fine, it just sucked knowing that there was nobody who was remotely interested in me, that made me miserable.

But only a few days until I can stop going home to the empty apartment :D

OMG when is the wedding again?

Pandora said:
So, theac is moldy?

I am actually loving being single, first time I have been single since 14. I am never really alone because I have the boys, who keep me very very entertained. I can find enough people (friends or dates) to go out with thrus, fri and sat. that I actually have to turn them down - not use to all this partying.

My issue is every once in awhile I would like to do the snuggle - kissy thing with. And I am not the type to just pick someone up for the night. Guess I need to more guy friends with benefits.

... and most importantly I just want to feel like 'being in love' - isn't that the best feeling???? I meet a guy a few weeks back and only knew him for a couple of hours - but got that fun feeling and it was great. Now I want to feel like that again! hmmmm can't see that guy again because he lives way to far away.

theacoustician said:
Edit : And before I met Pandora, I was about at the point of giving up and just being single forever. I'm positive that if we were to break up now, I'd be single forever more and really would have little to zero interest in finding anyone else.

you could move in with us and be our personal chef and keeper of the hobobabble chronicles. You could live the rest of your life knowing that we chose you over Pandora.

fake edit: We'd just go to her house to visit the puppies.

zengirl said:
I said that at one point too. Then I woke up from a drunken stupor and realized how miserable I was. I don't know if any human is born to be single, I think we're a social species.

I guess I've just never even glimpsed a woman I could ever possibly imagine spending most of my time with. No one has ever interested me that much. But I'm also a judgmental asshole, and I know that. Inevitably something about them annoys me and I lose interest.

I think I need therapy.

gottoys? said:
My issue is every once in awhile I would like to do the snuggle - kissy thing with. And I am not the type to just pick someone up for the night. Guess I need to more guy friends with benefits.

*cough*Iknowaguy*cough*