WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

When I lived in WI we had a PD with 10 officers :lol:

NY and MD are the only one's I know specifically legally how it works. Most counties in MD also have county police departments. Only a few cities have city police. Annapolis, Bowie, Greenbelt, Baltimore, there's a few others but they're pretty rare.
Actually, in Maryland other than sheriff's offices, there are only 5 counties with police departments. There are 86 municipal (city) police departments. Gibson Island has a PD, and then we have the US Park Police, the Maryland-National Capital Park Police, the Railroad Police and the Transit Police as well as a bunch of governmental agency police bodies. There's a lot of state-sponsored gangs around.

Actually, in Maryland other than sheriff's offices, there are only 5 counties with police departments. There are 86 municipal (city) police departments. Gibson Island has a PD, and then we have the US Park Police, the Maryland-National Capital Park Police, the Railroad Police and the Transit Police as well as a bunch of governmental agency police bodies. There's a lot of state-sponsored gangs around.
:lol: I forgot about the Gibson Island PD. Must be the easiest job in the world.

There are agreements for the ones in PG though. Like Hyattsville, Cheverley, Lanham, Mt Rainier, cant go outside their little townships unless PG County specifically requests it. I know when I worked in Waldorf the sheriff's dept handled everything but in AA sheriff's well they do evictions, and one guy told me they have a super high speed warrant squad that I've seen at Chipolte a few times but never interacted with.

:lol: I forgot about the Gibson Island PD. Must be the easiest job in the world.

There are agreements for the ones in PG though. Like Hyattsville, Cheverley, Lanham, Mt Rainier, cant go outside their little townships unless PG County specifically requests it. I know when I worked in Waldorf the sheriff's dept handled everything but in AA sheriff's well they do evictions, and one guy told me they have a super high speed warrant squad that I've seen at Chipolte a few times but never interacted with.
I wasn't commenting on the authority of the various PDs. Just that they exist.

I wasn't commenting on the authority of the various PDs. Just that they exist.
Yes and I was commenting that my experience is mostly in AA and Baltimore. I'm aware of the existence of the Montgomery PD and and Howard PD (assholes) and PG (don't go to PG). Which is a stark contrast to NY where if you call the cops you're likely to get state troopers which are less cops and more like military. I actually ruined an interview once because I was sick and they asked me what I wanted to do and I was like NYSP. It was for the sheriff's office.

Yes and I was commenting that my experience is mostly in AA and Baltimore. I'm aware of the existence of the Montgomery PD and and Howard PD (assholes) and PG (don't go to PG). Which is a stark contrast to NY where if you call the cops you're likely to get state troopers which are less cops and more like military. I actually ruined an interview once because I was sick and they asked me what I wanted to do and I was like NYSP. It was for the sheriff's office.
I was specifically responding to this statement "Most counties in MD also have county police departments. Only a few cities have city police. Annapolis, Bowie, Greenbelt, Baltimore, there's a few others but they're pretty rare."

There are 23 counties in Maryland and 5 have police departments, so that isn't most.

There are 86 municipal police departments, so that isn't a few or rare, especially in a small state like Maryland.

I was specifically responding to this statement "Most counties in MD also have county police departments. Only a few cities have city police. Annapolis, Bowie, Greenbelt, Baltimore, there's a few others but they're pretty rare."

There are 23 counties in Maryland and 5 have police departments, so that isn't most.

There are 86 municipal police departments, so that isn't a few or rare, especially in a small state like Maryland.
Trying to correct @ZRH is like beating your head against the wall because it feels so good when you stop.

Just let him be wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

My ankle is itchy.

My experience of MD is the US 50 corridor and US 29. I thought that was representative of the state as a whole. Also have the AACOPD handbook which says Crofton and whatnot are backup to AACOPD and dont have exclusive jurisdiction. Also I have arrested people just to have the AACOPD or MCOPD take them away, and "forget" the information. Which is annoying AF.

My ankle is itchy.

My experience of MD is the US 50 corridor and US 29. I thought that was representative of the state as a whole. Also have the AACOPD handbook which says Crofton and whatnot are backup to AACOPD and dont have exclusive jurisdiction. Also I have arrested people just to have the AACOPD or MCOPD take them away, and "forget" the information. Which is annoying AF.
back in the day, the crofton police force was invented to keep black people outta crofton :p. Great history there.

1661316235515.png
Now here's the thing. We have literally followed these people back to their homes. I have a list of their addresses and bodycam footage and have sent it to AACOPD and they still dont do anything. They're all black btw. There's also traffic cams at most lights here. This isn't rocket science. Fucking come to Anne Arundel, you can rob Wal Mart get a ticket youll never pay and ride away on an unregistered dirtbike.

Also people who dont live around here, at like 4pm-ish there will be roving gangs of 10-30 dirtbikes and 4wheelers with no plates driving into oncoming traffic and shit, they also rob people, you dont want to get surrounded on a surface road in a nice car. County has a no pursuit policy. The cops literally know where they live and their names but wont do anything because they have more important things to do, like watching netflix parked at the firestation.