WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

One of my friends, Manoa Jojola, was killed by someone fleeing from the police in late 1999. It was briefly the policy of the police department to abandon high speed chases after that, because police aren't any better at high speed driving than the rest of the general population.
If you had read the story and listened to the audio it wasn't a high speed chase or anything. They were following lights off. They crossed over into another city and the supervisor terminated the pursuit.

Our local PD has a zero chase policy. They wont chase anyone for anything. They will call the state troopers though, who do not have such a policy.

If you had read the story and listened to the audio it wasn't a high speed chase or anything. They were following lights off. They crossed over into another city and the supervisor terminated the pursuit.

Our local PD has a zero chase policy. They wont chase anyone for anything. They will call the state troopers though, who do not have such a policy.
I read the story, but can't be arsed to listen to the audio.

I read the story, but can't be arsed to listen to the audio.
*shrug* Most departments wont do chases anymore because of the liability. This is really big in private security too, I've worked sites where running after people was against policy because the insurance wouldnt cover it.

One of my friends, Manoa Jojola, was killed by someone fleeing from the police in early 2000. It was briefly the policy of the police department to abandon high speed chases after that, because police aren't any better at high speed driving anything than the rest of the general population.
Fixed that for you

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
When city police departments are disbanded (leading to the outsourcing of law enforcement to county sheriffs), overall crime levels stay the same and law enforcement spending stays the same. "There do not appear any aggregate welfare losses from disbanding city police departments."

When city police departments are disbanded (leading to the outsourcing of law enforcement to county sheriffs), overall crime levels stay the same and law enforcement spending stays the same. "There do not appear any aggregate welfare losses from disbanding city police departments."

County sheriffs work different in different states.

In NYC they only staff the court system and they are super rare. In the larger part of NY they respond to calls outside of villages/cities IF the troopers can't respond but they don't do traffic enforcement. In MD they literally ONLY serve court orders and warrants. In Los Angeles they actually contract with all the small cities to provide general policing.

County sheriffs work different in different states.

In NYC they only staff the court system and they are super rare. In the larger part of NY they respond to calls outside of villages/cities IF the troopers can't respond but they don't do traffic enforcement. In MD they literally ONLY serve court orders and warrants. In Los Angeles they actually contract with all the small cities to provide general policing.
where I am in small-town Wisconsin, we are set up like the LA example, we don't have local police but there are some officers from the county sheriff's dept that are assigned to this area

where I am in small-town Wisconsin, we are set up like the LA example, we don't have local police but there are some officers from the county sheriff's dept that are assigned to this area
When I lived in WI we had a PD with 10 officers :lol:

NY and MD are the only one's I know specifically legally how it works. Most counties in MD also have county police departments. Only a few cities have city police. Annapolis, Bowie, Greenbelt, Baltimore, there's a few others but they're pretty rare.

:lol: Cop is kinda cuet. I love women in power. ;drool:

It sucks how many times they shot her during this exchange, right @Hoff Kinkmeister?
Honestly that is like 99% of calls. They take FOREVER and if the people had listened they wouldn't be in trouble. Also they wont give you a drink because later on in court theyll accuse you of poisoning them.

1660062351187.png

The police version of self checkout :lol: Maybe if they did something about the goddamn dirt bikes, squeegee kids, etc. it wouldn't be such a problem. B'more is a free for all this summer.

I mean, b'more has always been like this depending on the neighborhood. Theres some places that rolling stops are the norm and you dont get outta your car no matter what. Or you just dont go those places.

The squeegee kids thing is expanding beyond those areas though. Im fine driving through pretty much any area of baltimore, but there are plenty that im sure are fuck not gonna stop in, especially not at night.

Obviously that doesnt apply to delivery drivers, cause they have to go everywhere. Cops need to protect them.

Arkansas State Troopers appear to regularly chase after speeders and others. This Youtube channel shows a lot of dashcam video from their chases. I've watched a few dozen of them and only a few were terminated by a supervisor. Rest kept going until the end, many speeds over 100mph and a few in the 150mph range. Totally nuts. Also the majority of the suspects are driving Chargers or Challengers; popular past time in Arkansas? Thankfully I haven't seen one where bystander got completely whacked.

I mean, b'more has always been like this depending on the neighborhood. Theres some places that rolling stops are the norm and you dont get outta your car no matter what. Or you just dont go those places.

The squeegee kids thing is expanding beyond those areas though. Im fine driving through pretty much any area of baltimore, but there are plenty that im sure are fuck not gonna stop in, especially not at night.

Obviously that doesnt apply to delivery drivers, cause they have to go everywhere. Cops need to protect them.
Yeah I've seen them in northern glen burnie. I've done delivery in baltimore. It's scary af to jump out and have 30 people all watching you go up to a house and ring a doorbell and collect cash. Yesterday even I dipped into a parking spot IN FRONT OF WHERE I WORK (we're next to a laundromat and a "massage" place) and apparently some other driver wanted it and I had to deal with a bunch of ghetto threats from some dude who was high af. Couple weeks ago someone stole my backpack full of dirty clothes out of my backseat.

"Baltimore, dont stop and stay strapped!" sounds like an awesome tourism motto.

Last edited: