WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

tell me why a 17 year old wannabe cop traveled from out of state to "defend property" that wasn't even his, and, egged on by the police, shot multiple people, killing two, and you think the really important conversation to have is about winning public support by protesting more politely. there's no evidence he was even protecting property in this story. that was the stated intent for the dipshit "Kenosha Guard" group to be there, but there is nothing to indicate that he was actually doing that. he definitely wasn't doing it when he shot people.

what he WAS doing, before he shot anyone, was threatening people and pointing his weapon at them along with the rest of his dipshit buddies.
Screenshot_20200826-133441_Facebook.jpg

this is the first shooting, I count 10 shots fired in the first 30 seconds (you can also hear later shots fired). in the video, the the eventual shooter is being chased by one person, who throws a bag at him that has something in it, possibly a bottle. it's definitely not a MoLoToV like some people are trying to claim. my guess is that the person chasing him might be somebody he threatened, but I can't say for sure.

in this video, the first shooting from another angle, you can see that the person he shoots is running away from him, not towards him/at him

some protesters damage property.
They're not protesters if they are looting. They are a fourth group - assholes who have no interest in society getting better. Burning down a mom & pop small business doesn't net them protester cred., it's just crime. ?Burning down one of Trump's hotels - now THAT might be a serious strike against the man.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
They're not protesters if they are looting. They are a fourth group - assholes who have no interest in society getting better. Burning down a mom & pop small business doesn't net them protester cred., it's just crime. ?Burning down one of Trump's hotels - now THAT might be a serious strike against the man.
Why is it that you can paint all the protestors with the color supplied by so few, and yet you can't seem to do the same for the police?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I included them in the group to avoid being accused of no-true-scotsman-ing or making "my team" look better.

but again, that distinction is not really important right now because even if they were all destroying property, it doesn't justify killing them, and I especially don't wanna hear people justifying it who took my head off for my hospitalize-your-local-fascist avatar because "even if they say they want to genocide people, you can't touch them until they actually do it"

Why is it that you can paint all the protestors with the color supplied by so few, and yet you can't seem to do the same for the police?
Because the cops usually are fucking up on an individual cop by cop basis or as a very small group. Looters - you get 100s of those pricks, just running along, smashing and burning. Looters go out with an active plan - they are using the protestors as decoys.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Breonna Taylor was asleep, you fucking Muppet.
Philando Castile was complying.
Martin Gugino was trying to talk to police.

You are a god damned idiot.

Old guy was horrible and the cops should be charged.
Cop thought he was reaching for his gun. Cop was stupid and deserved a guilty verdict.
um her boyfriend shot first. no knock warrants need to go though.

those are exceptions to the rule and you just basically proved me point. 558 people have been shot and killed by the cops you can come up with 3 people who kinda complied. that proves my whole point with the just comply and 99.99046% of the time nothing bad will happen.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
sure, they will wait for you to slowly walk from one side of an SUV, around the front, to the other side, and open your door, all during which they could have attempted to use nonlethal force to detain him, but not one second more.

they should use less lethal force first absolutely but if people just complied from the beginning no force at all would have to be used. shootings are not a one side at fault thing. People not listening also should take blame for their actions leading up to it.

just listen and you won't get shot

just comply and 99.99046% of the time nothing bad will happen.
Yep.
I've watched the George Floyd video a number of times. FFS, put your hands on the wheel dude and STFU! HE was pissing me off just listening to him. Trying to argue your way out of a stop is really stupid. Invariably, TMI is volunteered.
Philando - dude needed to put his hands on the wheel and maybe, only maybe, disclose he had a gun. THen he should have requested and suggested, "I'm keeping my hands here on the wheel, I'll wait for your instructions." Better choice - keep your CCW NOT on your person and you don't have to explain it. Even if LEO searchs your vehicle and finds it, if you are already sitting in the back of their patrol vehicle they are not going to shoot you.

Holy shit everyone got pressed.

Why can't we be friends?
because people are being murdered and apparently that's not as important as property damage.
because people are being murdered and apparently that's an acceptable punishment for failure to comply (which is itself almost always just a misdemeanor)
because right-wing militias are killing people and it's been reliably shown that they have been working with and sometimes at the behest of law enforcement, and people still think we need to go back to thinking of the poor property.

because people are being murdered and apparently that's not as important as property damage.
Many people have committed suicide after their small business failed. For some of the people who are being looted it will be the final straw.
It's not JUST property that's getting destroyed, it's lives and dreams being crushed under the guise of social outrage.

Because the cops usually are fucking up on an individual cop by cop basis or as a very small group. Looters - you get 100s of those pricks, just running along, smashing and burning. Looters go out with an active plan - they are using the protestors as decoys.
Oh, now I see. I just don't have enough sympathy for Target and Walmarts getting windows smashed.

Thanks, that's so much more important than people being shot dead by police.

Many people have committed suicide after their small business failed. For some of the people who are being looted it will be the final straw.
It's not JUST property that's getting destroyed, it's lives and dreams being crushed under the guise of social outrage.
people have been asking for the cops to stop murdering or attempting to murder people, maybe if they just complied we wouldn't be here. that's how this works, right?

people have been asking for the cops to stop murdering or attempting to murder people, maybe if they just complied we wouldn't be here. that's how this works, right?
Here, someone else wrote it nicely "
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

Malice is a form of evil intent that separates “murder” from “killing”. Even today there are acceptable forms of killing that lack this kind of evil intent, and these forms of killing exist as exceptions in the murder laws of the United States. I don't think you can prove malice of forethought in many of the cases where cops shoot people. I don't like people getting shot, I don't like that cops can shoot them so quickly/easily. But I believe many shootees bring it upon themselves by trying to fight the detainment phase of interacting with the cops. I can totally see you getting shot or roughed up in a traffic stop august - you probably wouldn't be able to stop yourself from arguing, like that is the time and place to make your case. Like George Floyd couldn't stop taking his hands off the steering wheel, turning to the cops and arguing with them.