WTF Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do

Here, someone else wrote it nicely "
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

Malice is a form of evil intent that separates “murder” from “killing”. Even today there are acceptable forms of killing that lack this kind of evil intent, and these forms of killing exist as exceptions in the murder laws of the United States. I don't think you can prove malice of forethought in many of the cases where cops shoot people. I don't like people getting shot, I don't like that cops can shoot them so quickly/easily. But I believe many shootees bring it upon themselves by trying to fight the detainment phase of interacting with the cops. I can totally see you getting shot or roughed up in a traffic stop august - you probably wouldn't be able to stop yourself from arguing, like that is the time and place to make your case. Like George Floyd couldn't stop taking his hands off the steering wheel, turning to the cops and arguing with them.
I think that even when malice aforethought can easily be ascertained, people give cops a pass. it's not so much that it can't be proven, it's that people choose not to believe it even when there is a preponderance of evidence.

malice aforethought is not technically the same thing as premeditation, and proof of malice aforethought doesn't need to come from having been planned laboriously in advance, it can be in the split second you make the decision to end (or attempt to end) someone's life when you have other options available. there are also distinctions between express malice and implied malice, and I think most police murders fall under implied malice.

it can be in the split second you make the decision to end (or attempt to end) someone's life when you have other options available.
Options are nice. Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? Have you had to help subdue someone who was trying to GET a gun? I've done both, during different occurrences. Time becomes very compressed when you think it might be you or them.
Citizens are rarely skilled in F2F negotiations on their own behalf, they frequently make matters much worse than they started.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Options are nice. Have you ever had a gun pointed at you? Have you had to help subdue someone who was trying to GET a gun? I've done both, during different occurrences. Time becomes very compressed when you think it might be you or them.
Citizens are rarely skilled in F2F negotiations on their own behalf, they frequently make matters much worse than they started.
was Jacob Blake pointing a gun at officers? was Daniel Shaver?

Exact same human reflex that causes us to bark at some fucktard trying to take cuts in front of us. IT's what humans do, we try to stand our ground. Admittedly against stupid odds at times.
Must be an American thing to do, i don't know any non-americans that give a shit about material possessions enough to risk their life or take someone else's.

The fuck? What 3rd world country are you living in when simply insurance claims can't be honored.
I'm sure your insurance policies have the problems as our: deductibles, limits on claims, and squabbling over value of goods destroyed or stolen. The insurance industry counts on screwing a lot of people out of money they are entitled to. Their ability to do that is one of the few competitive advantages they have. Profitable insurance companies screw more people. Otherwise, it would be gambling on the insurers' part.

The kind where the insurance companies lock you into "mediation" when you should be able to file a lawsuit against them for failing to honor their contracts.
Usually arbitration but in most states you can still go on and file a first-party suit against them if arbitration fails. But with serious penalties, if you fail to prevail. Like, it could take you seriously into the red.

Cherry-picking proves nothing.
considering the shit popping off in Kenosha that led to that chud militia kid murdering people is because of what cops did to Jacob Blake, it seemed germane, and I picked Daniel Shaver because your most recent argument was regarding malice aforethought, and there was AMPLE evidence of both malice AND premeditation (although some evidence was suppressed at trial) and they still let the cop off.