All Sarcasm aside

that's bull puckey. there are tons of jobs that require at least a bachelor's degree, even if they don't care what it's in.

you might as well say a highschool diploma doesn't get you anything. which it doesn't, directly, but try living without one.

it's not bull puckey...I know tons of people who never graduated and most if not all are all making phd level money like myself...the system is broken and only sheep play the game at this point imo...if you're going to be an MD or a lawyer then I can understand, but otherwise...

meh.. I still it's better to have one than not have one.

It shows, as I tell my 19y.o., that you AT LEAST have sticktoitiveness. you can manage a schedule, you can meet deadlines, etc. hell, you SHOWED UP is worth something in our increasingly apathetic nation.

True.

Apparently I received the offer for my first professional job because they were impressed that I worked full-time, went to school full-time, and participated in campus events. Showing that you have the dedication to go means a lot.

I worry about my sister. My step-dad is spoiling her, she is going to school two days a week and she isn't working / interning / volunteering nada.

with all due respect, waw, I don't know that your circle of friends is a good cross section of the rest of the nation.

you seem to have been a child of privelege (nothing wrong with that btw) and I would assume many of your friends were too. they get benefits that the rest of us don't.

fact is, you're both right. i know lawyers who are still teaboys after 5 years - and i know history students who got jobs with the FCO.

it's how you use the degree that matters. the people who go far would have done well regardless. it takes balls, not postnominals.

with all due respect, waw, I don't know that your circle of friends is a good cross section of the rest of the nation.

you seem to have been a child of privelege (nothing wrong with that btw) and I would assume many of your friends were too. they get benefits that the rest of us don't.

I flunked out of public high school....

Bought my first house before I was 21....

it's not bull puckey...I know tons of people who never graduated and most if not all are all making phd level money like myself...the system is broken and only sheep play the game at this point imo...if you're going to be an MD or a lawyer then I can understand, but otherwise...

What is your phd level pay?

I grew up with my grandparents and they can't even turn a computer on. My first job in IT was as a temp for $8 an hour on the phone. Inside 2 years I was the IT Dir of the company. I had no help.

I grew up with my grandparents and they can't even turn a computer on. My first job in IT was as a temp for $8 an hour on the phone. Inside 2 years I was the IT Dir of the company. I had no help.

And you think thats what happens to most people? You really do have a silver spoon.