Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

Ok.
So how does Wild Turkey have a higher percentage of alcohol than Jack Daniels? Serious question, I'm curious.
How booze is made:

(1) Make high proof ethanol (80% or whatever)
(2) Put in whiskey barrels.
(3) Wait.
(4) Remove from whiskey barrels.
(5) Dilute to 50%, 40% or whatever.

Remove steps 2-4 for vodka. Replace those steps with "throw in some other shit" for making gin or other flavored liquors.

Do whiskey snobs appreciate the fine mouthfeel and aroma they experience when they're puking their guts up in public, stumbling home plastered drunk from a bar? That's my question.
In my experience, the "snobs" don't usually get shitfaced on it.

In my experience, the "snobs" don't usually get shitfaced on it.
My last experience with a whiskey snob was when I bought a 2L of pepsi and a bottle of jim beam to someone's party on my street, because that was what I happened to have in the house at a time.

Had to listen to someone yammer on about bourbon and how no, you're not supposed to mix bourbon, it's meant to be drank neat out of a certain kind of glass or some shit.

My last experience with a whiskey snob was when I bought a 2L of pepsi and a bottle of jim beam to someone's party on my street, because that was what I happened to have in the house at a time.

Had to listen to someone yammer on about bourbon and how no, you're not supposed to mix bourbon, it's meant to be drank neat out of a certain kind of glass or some shit.
You should hear @APRIL blabber on about how you're supposed to pronounce Gose.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and APRIL

:waw:

Fractional distillation:
http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/phaseeqia/nonideal.html

bpcompn1.gif

The azeotrope at 95.6% is why you can't distill pure ethanol.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes