your home theater

I shudder to think of what text would look like on a 52" screen with the res of a 20" monitor

If I ever bought another TV it would be plasma though. LCDs just dont look right to me, still prefer CRTs but shipping on a 24 inch CRT is not insignificant.

it looks fine. you are having a bad day in this thread. wrong about damned near everything you've said :lol:

it looks fine. you are having a bad day in this thread. wrong about damned near everything you've said :lol:

You cant be wrong about personal preference... I didnt say it was bad, I said I prefer...

And wow stretching the same resolution over a larger space makes doesnt mean there is any more image being displayed... It's still 1920x1080 @ 20, 40, 60 inches. Or 21 or w/e

You cant be wrong about personal preference... I didnt say it was bad, I said I prefer...

And wow stretching the same resolution over a larger space makes doesnt mean there is any more image being displayed... It's still 1920x1080 @ 20, 40, 60 inches. Or 21 or w/e

I've seen many a computer display on large LCD's and the text is still just as readable on the bigger screens as it is on the smaller ones.

I've seen many a computer display on large LCD's and the text is still just as readable on the bigger screens as it is on the smaller ones.
*sigh* I didnt mean clarity. I know it's clear. I was talking about 10ft UI vs normal desktop UI. For example: you can put your desktop up on a 40 inch screen but you probably arent going to unless it's a power point.

See where Im going? Reading paragraphs of text on a kindle or even a tablet is usually not headache inducing but doing it on a large format display probably wouldnt be enjoyable no matter how clear.

*sigh* I didnt mean clarity. I know it's clear. I was talking about 10ft UI vs normal desktop UI. For example: you can put your desktop up on a 40 inch screen but you probably arent going to unless it's a power point.

See where Im going? Reading paragraphs of text on a kindle or even a tablet is usually not headache inducing but doing it on a large format display probably wouldnt be enjoyable no matter how clear.

Dude. we used it for displaying MLS listings to clients.

Real world experience > theorycrafting.

we have dozens of conference rooms at work that are used to hookup laptops to big lcds to show presentations of everything from spreadsheets to web sites and of course power points. I deal with a bunch of them on a daily basis because they are rooms for which I'm responsible.

wrong again, it's completely fine

Now you are just being contrary. Go read up on design interaction and typesetting and so on. Apple has practically made an entire market niche out of user interaction.

Of course everyone else will also jump on the bandwagon, except dharma. Then you can be the .01% of consumers who actually dont care about legibility even though presses sink about half their budget into typsetting/design.

I do this for a living and you are way out of your element debating this with pretty much everyone in this thread :lol:

Now you are just being contrary. Go read up on design interaction and typesetting and so on. Apple has practically made an entire market niche out of user interaction.

Of course everyone else will also jump on the bandwagon, except dharma. Then you can be the .01% of consumers who actually dont care about legibility even though presses sink about half their budget into typsetting/design.

This is where you reading stuff on the internet does not surpass people who actually use this in a real world setting.

Get over it.

Dude. we used it for displaying MLS listings to clients.

Real world experience > theorycrafting.
I thought you were a radiologist o_O

I also didnt know typesetting was theorycrafting... Glad Im getting paid to proof stuff INDD documents in InDesign when they could just copy paste it into notepad and hit print :p