your home theater

my PC runs vista64 ultimate, i use media center with a TV tuner and roof antenna. viewed on a samsung 226bw. don't have a dedicated television/dvd player/etc. we maybe watch 5 hours of TV per week.

Mirage speakers all around. OM series. 5.1 setup.

LG 52" LCD 120hz 1080p etc etc

DirecTV HD

Yamaha something or other receiver. Does 1080p HDMI switching, auto speaker setup, upconverting, supports all the HD audio formats.

ATOM/ION based HTPC with a SageTV server on the back end for all my media and stuff.

Toshiba HD-DVD

Sony Blu-Ray

this in 11 days, plus a wii and 360

38" LG 1080p
Quad Core Intel HTPC with 2 TB of storage (Mainly movies, TV series etc.)
Full Virgin Cable package
XBox 360 with full system crack
Creative 2.1 speakers and sub

In the early light of a May dawn this is what the living room of my apartment looks like: Over the white marble and granite gas log fireplace hangs an original David Onica. It's a six foot by four foot portrait of a naked woman, mostly done in muted grays and olives, sitting on a chaise longue watching MTV, the backdrop a Martian landscape, a gleaming mauve desert scattered with dead, gutted fish, smashed plates rising like a sunburst above the woman's yellow head, and the whole thing is framed in black aluminum steel. The painting overlooks a long white down-filled sofa and a thirty inch digital TV set from Toshiba; it's a high contrast highly defined model plus it has a four corner video stand with a high tech tube combination from NEC with a picture in picture digital effects system (plus freeze frame); the audio includes built in MTS and a five watt per channel on board amp. A Toshiba VCR sits in a glass case beneath the TV set; it's a super high band Beta unit and has built in editing function including a character generator with eight page memory, a high-band record and playback, and three week, eight event timer. A hurricane halogen lamp is placed in each corner of the living room. Thin white venetian blinds cover all eight floor to ceiling windows. A glass top coffee table with oak legs by Turchin sits in front of the sofa, with Steuben glass animals placed strategically around expensive crystal ashtrays from Fortunoff, though I don't smoke. Next to the Wurlitzer jukebox is a black ebony Baldwin concert grand piano. A polished white oak floor runs throughout the apartment. On the other side of the room, next to a desk and a magazine rack by Gio Ponti, is a complete stereo system (CD player, tape deck, tuner, amplifier) by Sansui with six-foot Duntech Sovereign 2001 speakers in Brazilian rosewood. A down filled futon lies on an oak wood frame in the center of the bedroom. Against the wall is a Panasonic thirty one inch set with a direct view screen and stereo sound and beneath it in a glass case is a Toshiba VCR. I'm not sure if the time on the Sony digital alarm clock is correct so I have to sit up then look down at the time flashing on and off on the VCR, then pick up the Ettore Sottsass push button phone that rests on the steel and glass nightstand next to the bed and dial the time number. A cream leather, steel and wood chair designed by Eric Marcus is in one corner of the room, a molded plywood chair in the other. A black dotted beige and white Maud Sienna carpet covers most of the floor. One wall is hidden by four chests of immense bleached mahogany drawers.

Last edited:
Sigh, quotes have a lot of words sometimes. I was trying to place what this reminded me of and I finally did.

Also dont bitch about words on a computer screen when you own a kindle.

mines just a big Mitsubishi think it's 62 but may be 52 i forget i plugged my logitech pc speakers into it a few weeks ago to see how that works but no remote for sound killed that idea lol, i need to get me some surround sound but want something nice so waiting

mine works - i love having a reclining couch and spending every day off just sitting there, mouth open, watching planet earth.

We use an Apple box for most of our TV. Got rid of cable/satellite/etc. No TV bill, woot!

specs_dimensions20080925.gif

???? People actually bought those?

Sigh, quotes have a lot of words sometimes. I was trying to place what this reminded me of and I finally did.

Also dont bitch about words on a computer screen when you own a kindle.

I'm bitching mostly because the lack of paragraphs. :fly: