Understanding your life roles

Parent ends up trumping being married once you realize how totally dependent your kid is on you. If things went wrong your spouse could survive without you but your kid would be damaged for life. The two roles rarely collide but eventually you will disagree on something that you consider best for your child and your actions will be based on what you consider to best for your kid rather on what your spouse thinks.

Last edited:
My life rolls on dubz, sometimes spinners.

As these are NHS standard spinners, they are made from cardboard and sticky tape.

Ok, call me completely niave and n00b, but you are homosexual?

Damn, my schtick is rendered useless now :(

Umm, no, I'm straight. Haha, did I phrase it differently than everyone else? Or did I screw something up? I meant like, "I am first a student, and I am a long-distance boyfriend [to my girlfriend]..."

What some of us parents haven't fully realized yet is one day you have to teach you kids all of this. You can tell them how it's going to be all their lives but they won't fully get it until you force them out of your home to survive on their own. Girls and boys are different. One day when my son gets married I'm going to have to pull my wife and I back and force him to learn to rely on his wife before anyone else. He'll have to learn to put her before us. I will be able to advise him but can't protect him from life anymore. I'll have to watch him sink or swim and make the mistakes I probably made. One day we'll be gone so he must be able to not only be able go on without us but to be able to do the same thing to his kids one day.

What some of us parents haven't fully realized yet is one day you have to teach you kids all of this. You can tell them how it's going to be all their lives but they won't fully get it until you force them out of your home to survive on their own. Girls and boys are different. One day when my son gets married I'm going to have to pull my wife and I back and force him to learn to rely on his wife before anyone else. He'll have to learn to put her before us. I will be able to advise him but can't protect him from life anymore. I'll have to watch him sink or swim and make the mistakes I probably made. One day we'll be gone so he must be able to not only be able go on without us but to be able to do the same thing to his kids one day.
Hey, can you have a talk with SchmilK's parents and explain this to them?

thx

Sarah my wife's parents are still struggling with this. Because of that their youngest daughter is a drug addict that was recently arrested. They have always bailed her out and she never suffered the penalties that happen when you do drugs nonstop, break the law, or don't keep a job. If they had let her suffer when she was younger then she probably would have never gotten so bad. She expects them to save her instead of relying on herself and following the rules.

I'm my parents youngest child so they had figured out by the time they had to teach it to me.

Schmilk maybe one of the luck ones but more often than not parents will eventually overstep boundaries put up by marriage or age and end up hurting the child when they only want to help.

I think I'm understanding w_a_w's role today

6474707d492287fb.png

1. poster