Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

Yeah, this is one of those times you're just not gonna get it if you don't have kids. The feeling the kid feels is similar to what you probably felt when April was having her medical issues. Except they have no idea how to process it and it turns into long term trauma instead of being quickly processed and overcome.
Not really sure I get the premise but my mom lost me tons when I was a kid and I turned out fine

I do get what @Domon means. Watching it I'm like aw that's cute but then the kid loses confidence and gets upset and I feel like it's an experience that might stay with them of being alone in the world. Watching a second episode of it with a 3 year old struggling i was reminded of 6 year olds I'd worked with/looked after who had fended for themselves from 2 and how hard that must have been to seek out their own food etc just like these kids were emulating.

little brains are weird. Stuff gets seared in them and becomes unconscious livelong fear/anxiety. They dont have the ability to process that its a show, or acting, or that theres no danger.

FYI that isn't a normal experience.
I mean she put a leash on my brother because he would wander off. She'd tell me to go get stuff and walk off. I developed a process for finding her where I'd walk all the aisles, check to make sure the car was still there (it wasn't always). I knew my phone number/Dad's pager number and how to make collect calls.

She always impressed upon us to have a plan.

Last edited:
I mean she put a leash on my brother because he would wander off. She'd tell me to go get stuff and walk off. I developed a process for finding her where I'd walk all the aisles, check to make sure the car was still there (it wasn't always). I knew my phone number/Dad's pager number and how to make collect calls.
Again, not normal.