Hawt The Potato Kiki/CEO Thread Unwrapped (again) Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's never lived on her own has she?

Friend of mine was having trouble in her marriage and she was terrified of divorce because of the dumbest things she didn't know how to do. She lived with her parents until she was like 25 then moved in with her husband and they've been together for like 25 years.

She's had a good career at a major company, but she was telling me like changing the in her car, if the lights went out she knows what a breaker is but has no idea where it is or how to flip it, her husband takes care of all the bills so she doesn't know how to do any of that. Real basic shit but she's managed to go through 50 years without doing any of it herself.

She's far from dumb or useless, she just stays in her lane.
I've never lived on my own and yet I could do just fine. In fact I likely do more of the work for fixing things and upkeep since I have more day time to do it. I cannot imagine how anyone can get through life without doing things themselves :confused:

Some people are never taught to be independent. Especially if you get married right after moving out of your parents house.

Happens a lot with the older generation as it's the "men are the head of the household" mentality. :(

So, someone in my circle was discussing her life. She basically is incapable of functioning without her husband, even the most basic stuff. And in her world, she doesn't understand why she should be expected to know these things, even when they were pretty simple 'life requires these things' type stuff. She's totally dependent on her husband for just about everything. If they were ever to split, she would need a new man asap. Boggles the mind how people are okay with that, but I suspect that's just how she was raised, boys do all the thinking, girls just look pretty and be domestic. It was in talking to her that I began to realize it's not as rare a condition as one might think.

This!
I think it was the way she was prob raised back in the 1800s (meow)
She too comes from a wealthy family. She was waited in hand and foot then she married CEO straight out of college. She's never been independent.
Now she's a single mom with two kids living alone in an 7 bedroom house.
That's gotta be a shock?

Sent from Single-Land

This!
I think it was the way she was prob raised back in the 1800s (meow)
She too comes from a wealthy family. She was waited in hand and foot then she married CEO straight out of college. She's never been independent.
Now she's a single mom with two kids living alone in an 7 bedroom house.
That's gotta be a shock?

Sent from Single-Land

7?
How many bath?
What's her number?

I've never lived on my own and yet I could do just fine. In fact I likely do more of the work for fixing things and upkeep since I have more day time to do it. I cannot imagine how anyone can get through life without doing things themselves :confused:
I know I could muddle through, but @AppleTurkey and I are like two halves of a person. It'd be devastating to separate.

Plus, I'd probably have to move. That shit just ain't gonna happen.

You can have the West wing and half the kitchen.

f1cb4af57d09e1fe19f1dac46866151c.jpg

Sent from Single-Land

I know I could muddle through, but @AppleTurkey and I are like two halves of a person. It'd be devastating to separate.

Plus, I'd probably have to move. That shit just ain't gonna happen.
I'm much happier with @Coqui than without. Don't get me wrong, but if need be I could make it. Luis has put up with me for 21 years now so I think we'll be fine long term anyway.

I just keep him chained in the basement and life is good. Why else do you think he hasn't posted lately. When he misbehaves I cannot let him just run free

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Status
Not open for further replies.