Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

The OBs I'm familiar with work in the office 2 days a week, seeing 35-40 patients each 8 hour day. The other days they are either in the hospital delivering babies/doing surgeries or in the classroom teaching medical students. Today's charting takes up far more time than actually seeing the patient.

The docs don't have much control over their schedules, and most hate when patients have to wait. Blame the front office/schedulers.

a good practice manager could do the one we had wonders. Her front desk people are oblivious. Most the problems were not her to be honest, it was all how her practice was managed (sole practiciioner practice, which i imagine can be a bit overwhelming)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Wow

I cannot believe they are still in business. Makes me more grateful for my OB/GYN every time you post about your experience.

She has a very dedicated client base, of a good portion of muslims around here that need a female, muslim doctor, who speaks urdu/farsi/arabic/hindi/spanish. So she will always have all the business she ever needs from folks that are culturally obligated to see someone with her qualifications.

a good practice manager could do the one we had wonders. Her front desk people are oblivious. Most the problems were not her to be honest, it was all how her practice was managed (sole practiciioner practice, which i imagine can be a bit overwhelming)
Craziness! Docs here have no assistants & I've never seen their offices in disarray.

We developed a system where different patients are staggered so no one waits over five minutes either in the waiting room or the exam room.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I don't wait for doctors. That's how they get fired. If I am late I understand I may not get to see the doctor. My time is just as valuable though and if a doctor doesn't respect that, I assume they also don't respect me as a person. I require my doctors to be a part of my team and they need to respect me as much as I respect them. I require it of my kid's doctors too.

She has a very dedicated client base, of a good portion of muslims around here that need a female, muslim doctor, who speaks urdu/farsi/arabic/hindi/spanish. So she will always have all the business she ever needs from folks that are culturally obligated to see someone with her qualifications.
I can understand that. My doctor is Indian and she has quite a few women who have cultural reason to see only a female Indian doctor (similar requirements). Still sounds like she needs a new office manager or something.

I can understand that. My doctor is Indian and she has quite a few women who have cultural reason to see only a female Indian doctor (similar requirements). Still sounds like she needs a new office manager or something.

i hope your doctor isnt our former doctor :D