Marklar
19,675.07₥

Jehannum

Never Met a Sandwich He'd Not Fuck
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
65,373.51₥
Just wanted to say to all the men out there: a doula is absolutely worth the fucking money. Every cent. We delivered Lily with the help of a doula, and she helped get us through triage with a minimum of fuss, helped Louise deliver Lily without any drugs whatsoever (that actually wasn't the plan, but the time was so short that it was too late to do anything by the time we were in the delivery room).

If I were capable of spawning any more fuck trophies, hiring a doula would be on my short list of things to do.

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
465.19₥
I feel like a doula is only necessary if you don't have a good medical team in place. There's a lot of baby factories out there and then there are truly amazing birthing centers.

I am fat. I want to diet but I'm still feeding the baby the booby food and I'm not looking to quit any time soon. I'm trying to get on a good exercise routine but finding time has been a really big challenge. The kids are awesome though.

Puff Dabby

MacG's future wife
May 21, 2015
Marklar
447.04₥
I feel like a doula is only necessary if you don't have a good medical team in place. There's a lot of baby factories out there and then there are truly amazing birthing centers.

I am fat. I want to diet but I'm still feeding the baby the booby food and I'm not looking to quit any time soon. I'm trying to get on a good exercise routine but finding time has been a really big challenge. The kids are awesome though.
Baby classes?

Puff Dabby

MacG's future wife
May 21, 2015
Marklar
447.04₥
I actually had a time hop today that said Ryan felt jax kick six years ago. We talked about it and the kids asked questions and Jaxon apologized for kicking me.

Gravies: Maureen

Jehannum

Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
65,373.51₥
I enjoyed being able to focus on Louise instead of the doctor/nurses during the whole thing. Our doula was like an amazing secretary for dealing with all that bullshit (and we had Lily at a really great place for that sort of thing, a specifically womens' hospital).

Gravies: Ledboots

Domon

enjoys a good porkin'
May 19, 2011
Marklar
34,877.48₥
I enjoyed being able to focus on Louise instead of the doctor/nurses during the whole thing. Our doula was like an amazing secretary for dealing with all that bullshit (and we had Lily at a really great place for that sort of thing, a specifically womens' hospital).
how does a doula have legal authority to do stuff like check you in and agree to the forms and stuff? I thought all that had to come to the person being medicined on.

yes, medicined.

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
33,056.17₥
theres forms you gotta sign every time.
What is this a free clinic for people that grow their own food?

We were all set up ahead of time. Scheduled the inducement & just showed up on the birthing floor @ 5am with our Drivers Licenses & were then walked down the hall to the room.

I'd imagine it's similar for you two now. You'll do all the check in crap a month ahead of time, then when you show up they'll put you in a temp room, check your DL's & get you moving right along.

Tell me you're going to a hospital with enough business that they do free valet.

Domon

enjoys a good porkin'
May 19, 2011
Marklar
34,877.48₥
eh, not to that part yet. The one place we ended up told us we'd have to sign two forms every time (as compared to 6 the first time).

Consent to treatment, and "inpatient/outpatient agreement" if i remember right. No matter though, we're done with that place.

Jehannum

Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
65,373.51₥
how does a doula have legal authority to do stuff like check you in and agree to the forms and stuff? I thought all that had to come to the person being medicined on.

yes, medicined.
You preregister, robit. That way there's nothing to do at the delivery except actually deliver.

edit: s/he doesn't have that legal authority.

Puff Dabby

MacG's future wife
May 21, 2015
Marklar
447.04₥
Yeah. They do it so they aren't quickly delivering a child and don't know the doc or the peditrition or the mother's medical history. Try want to be prepared for you and make it as easy as possible. I didn't do doula but my mom and cousin helped me through labor and delivery with Ryan but for the caesarian it was just me and ry but they were ready for us to show up at anytime