Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

eh, not to that part yet. The one place we ended up told us we'd have to sign two forms every time (as compared to 6 the first time).

Consent to treatment, and "inpatient/outpatient agreement" if i remember right.

If so, I'd bet they just haven't gotten to the point of you giving them power of atty to take care of what you asked for w/o updated signatures. It only gives them the authorization to do what you've previously told them they can do. iirc, I may have signed one form at the nurses desk on the birthing floor, but other than that, nothing. She was in the wheelchair with the attendant, & we were walked to the room. TBH, it was easier than getting a hotel room key replaced.

Something really important to remember. . . while this is your first time going through this, having babies has been around a long time, & everyone in this process has a shit ton of experience. 80% of them will be great, 15% will be satisfactory, and 5% will have gotten out of bed on the wrong side. Regardless, both of you should try really hard to take a deep breath and enjoy the coolness of what's going on.

Also, there's a countdown clock ticking on your "for the next 18 years we will never truly be alone." So enjoy a little alone time. Maybe a weekend away. . .

Fwiw, my 18 year clock is up 3 weeks from tomorrow. :/

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
There really should be nothing for the husband to sign until birth cert. Hubby isn't the one getting medical treatment unless he passes out.

This is fun. We have a nephew and he's almost 4; definitely a fun age.

He was scary and not cool <2 years old.
My sister can be fairly scary herself. She's a pretty good mom to her boyfriend's kids, but I remember when she was young how much of a terror she was. Her bf is as calm as you can get, though. Be an interesting kid.

I don't remember signing anything at the hospital. Granted I don't remember pre registering either. I'm sure I did at some point. With Haylee I know I didn't pre register cause she was so early, and with the boys any paperwork I did was after the fact since I was at the hospital for only 45 min-2 hours total before the babies were delivered. I did sign all the closing docs for a house at the hospital after the second kid since he came the morning we were supposed to close, but I don't think that's the kind of paperwork you are talking about. Someone somewhere must have had me sign things at an appointment somewhere and I just don't remember.

Yaaaay congrats
When is baby due?
Brothers kid or sisters kid?
Younger sis, it's been coming for a while, I don't think they were trying but I don't think they were trying to prevent it either. She's only 6 weeks along, which is fairly early, but being that this is her first kid/first pregnancy she's excited.

If she holds a typical pregnancy, the kid will be born within a week of mom's birthday

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Younger sis, it's been coming for a while, I don't think they were trying but I don't think they were trying to prevent it either. She's only 6 weeks along, which is fairly early, but being that this is her first kid/first pregnancy she's excited.

If she holds a typical pregnancy, the kid will be born within a week of mom's birthday

6 weeks is super early to be sharing the news for her

yikees.... the first 12 weeks are the roughest. especially week 6-8 ( @Ledboots )
in my experience... 6-8 weeks has been a super crucial time

• Gravy
And if you meant in this manner, she doesn't internet and she's told everyone already except dad, and he doesn't internet on the same sites I do.

is she really young?

that applies in two ways: young meaning that she doesnt know that the risk of miscarrying and not even knowing it at that point is still really high, and on the more positive note, being really young, that chance is lower.

• Gravy
is she really young?

that applies in two ways: young meaning that she doesnt know that the risk of miscarrying and not even knowing it at that point is still really high, and on the more positive note, being really young, that chance is lower.
She's a couple years younger than I am.
She knows the risks

you have a strange history of buying houses, and being pregnant at the same time.
Every single time. First kid I was 6 months pregnant when we moved but she came just 6 weeks later, next one he was supposed to come the week after we moved, and third kid I had him and exactly a week later Kyle got the phone call saying he had a job in Phoenix and he started in two weeks so we found a house quick (did just rent that one at least) and moved with a 3 week old. The 6 month lead time on this one is the longest I've had. We are done moving for a long time though.

i think what he means is that maybe not share it with others. its way too early.
Why? this is stupid. Tell whoever And whenever you want. If they do lose if they'll have support of those they love to help them. I've told family And friends between we took a test that morning to about a week after we had the result. Making the public Facebook announcement I waited a few more weeks.