Ontopic The new car-seching thread

My gf is very short. Its difficult for her to get into the GMC.
I'm thinking about finding vintage steps, or fabbing something that agrees with the design language of the truck.

Got pointed to a C60 of the same era.
6u7cSpj.png

I really like the louvers as grips on the step.
Z7pSiHS.png

But it obviously won't flow with the fender, so a sort of floating step? Under the door sill? (MS Paint, bitches!)
CVMSJwK.jpeg

The step doesn't need to go the full length.
YFCyBzv.png

Anyone have any thoughts, or other pics I can look at, lets have a look

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
My gf is very short. Its difficult for her to get into the GMC.
I'm thinking about finding vintage steps, or fabbing something that agrees with the design language of the truck.

Got pointed to a C60 of the same era.
6u7cSpj.png

I really like the louvers as grips on the step.
Z7pSiHS.png

But it obviously won't flow with the fender, so a sort of floating step? Under the door sill? (MS Paint, bitches!)
CVMSJwK.jpeg

The step doesn't need to go the full length.
YFCyBzv.png

Anyone have any thoughts, or other pics I can look at, lets have a look
Side pipes with a step on top?

Buy a vintage footstool at an antique store, and be all romantic and take it out for her to step on.

But 100% vote for side pipes here. It'll look redneck fabulous on that old redneck rig.

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Haven't updated in a while because I visit this site like once every 6 months but we've got some updates;
The Prius has been replaced by a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe which is going to be working double duty as the daily and the new tow vehicle. We refer to it has the Towyada and/or Jeepsus
The Monster is back with a rebuilt transmission, top end and still a very weird electrical issue I have to figure out when the cooling fan kicks on
The 95 smushed in the back left corner is my forever Miata
The 93 next to her is my "I'll sell it as soon as I clean it" Miata and the money will go towards a trailer, some HPDEs and maybe .. MAYBE another auto so the wife has something to drive when I'm using the jeep for track towing duty.

I'm working on it. I just have to figure out why the 302 Miata is hesitating and misfiring when the A/C is on or the car gets up to temp and the cooling fan kicks on. Ideas?
EFI or carbed?
Carbed, I'd go with the ignition advance being weird under load.

Should post at Grassrootsmotorsports.com they fuckin know what's up.

Have you checked the spark plugs. I know it sounds simple but when the voltage drops one or more might not fire which would give you the misfires.

It got too windy and blew the power out at work today, so I got to work on Project Scope Creep™ again.

Finally got the passenger side ride smoothener out, and found that it had wallowed out the boingboing hat, so I got to work fixin' it.

Sparkler-glue-gunned the hole up:
messages_0(2).jpeg

Faced it and hit it with the holer-maker bar on the lathe:
messages_0(3).jpeg

I also broke one of the mounting studs for the ride-ensmoothener mounts, so I had to grind it out and replace it.

Then I busted out the Restoration-by-Krylon™ and gave it all a fresh coat of paint.

messages_0(4).jpeg

I should put it in the car, but it's blowing out real hard.