Ontopic The new car-seching thread

So anyway, my poor little hobo freight engine stand was definitely not up to the task of a 700 pound 455.

I went to turn it over and install the oil pan (with my fancy new one-piece steel and rubber gasket!), and the entire motor shifted 4" towards the floor as the shitty little adjustable arms lost purchase on the slotted plate. I had visions of the entire thing falling off the stand and demolishing the floor, bystanders' feet, the motor we just spent 2 grand on, and my wallet.

So I tethered it to the engine hoist that's leaking hydraulic fluid out the bottom, and continued to turn. Eventually, we put it upright and put a high-grade chinesium lifter plate on the carb hole, used the leaky cherry picker to pick it up and set it in.

#Safety3rd

• Haha
Reactions: fly
Oh! And the Audi's been enjoying all the attention so it decided to pop the driver-side front strut and leak all the oil out.

So now I've got to replace the front struts. They should be here today. I'll probably go ahead and do the rears to, when they come back in stock. If they come back in stock.

Going with new Koni Sports, as that's what's in there now.

Oh! And the Audi's been enjoying all the attention so it decided to pop the driver-side front strut and leak all the oil out.

So now I've got to replace the front struts. They should be here today. I'll probably go ahead and do the rears to, when they come back in stock. If they come back in stock.

Going with new Koni Sports, as that's what's in there now.
Dood... I think you couldve bought a new audi and replaced the engine for all this :lol:

Angry Fran Healy GIF by Travis