FYI The end is nigh. A preppers thread for the end.

I mean... I have a bug-out-bag, but it's mostly like packaged water and nutrition packets along with a flare, a ground cover and a couple emergency blankets. Essentially enough to survive for 5 days should the big one hit and knock out all utilities.
That's pretty cool. We have camping shit that would essentially do the same thing, just need to put it in a bag.

Plus Costco makes us look like we're hoarding food.

I mean... I have a bug-out-bag, but it's mostly like packaged water and nutrition packets along with a flare, a ground cover and a couple emergency blankets. Essentially enough to survive for 5 days should the big one hit and knock out all utilities.

We carried that kind of stuff all the time living in MN. Nobody called you a prepper or a survivalist. They might call you an idiot for not having that sort of stuff with you in case you got stuck in a snow drift or the engine died at 20 below zero.

Always had a bunch of firewood and water and food stored in the house too.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
I'm ready for common emergencies. I keep a bag in the car in case I get stuck or have to walk home. Batteries charged for the house.
I'm not really ready for an extended emergency though.
Lose the power for a few days? Ok.
A few weeks? Oh oh.
More than a month?

I'm thinking south Florida is fucked no matter what if there was a national emergency.

Well big shit hitting the big fan is another deal.

You should be prepared for more local scenarios though. Natural disasters, a power grid fail that can be repaired in some reasonable amount of time, the resulting food and fuel shortages, municipal water supply getting contaminated, smaller scale civil unrest and looting, shark week, stuff like that.

Remember we run on "just in time delivery". Any city only had about 3 days worth of stuff on the shelves for everybody. It'll be gone by the second day in a panic.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I made a racist joke!!!!!

Between the political baboon ass and the near-triple digit heat, I’m a little cantankerous today.

Actually, my brown neighbors are the best neighbors. They never leave their shit-filled whitey tighties in my yard during the winter. Stop drinking so damn much Tom.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer