FYI The end is nigh. A preppers thread for the end.

I would say history shows us the clock for that is about 72 hours. After that people start to turn. When the little they have is gone it gets nasty fast. Perfect examples of this is any aftermath from a bad hurricane.

That's what I explain to people (in real life). Forget z0mbie apacolypse fantasies. It's surprising how many have no idea how our supply system works. If the trucks stop coming there's only about 3 days of stuff in good times. People panic and it's gone quick.

The hurricane thing...geez.
These people know they get hurricanes, it's not a surprise. Yet still, there's a big run on plywood and generators and gasoline every single time.

Cutting some up to match your windows, labeling what goes where, and storing it in the garage is a one-day project that should be part of moving in.

That's what I explain to people (in real life). It's surprising how many have no idea how our supply system works. If the trucks stop coming there's only about 3 days of stuff in good times. People panic and it's gone quick.

The hurricane thing...geez.
These people know they get hurricanes, it's not a surprise. Yet still, there's a big run on plywood and generators and gasoline every single time.

Cutting some up to match your windows, labeling what goes where, and storing it in the garage is a one-day project that should be part of moving in.

They always say most grocery stores only hold 48hours for of food for their shoppers if they don't get replenished.

They always say most grocery stores only hold 48hours for of food for their shoppers if they don't get replenished.
After seeing how much gets thrown away, I'm not convinced that 48 hours is truthful. Besides, in an emergency, people only buy the trifecta of idiocy: bottled water, toilet paper, and duct tape.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I didn't scoff at your preparing, I scoffed at your "I'm the lone wolf, gonna shoot errybody" attitude.

Hence, Libertarian cosplay masquerading as preparedness.
Never said I was going to shoot everybody or ANYBODY. Said it would be strategic to burn down all the buildings within about 1/2 mile. Which would only be a few on one side. They're at the bottom of the hill - they could be problematic if someone HAD to go lone wolf.
I wish those houses weren't there, they destroy my view of a decent lake further on down.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Never said I was going to shoot everybody or ANYBODY. Said it would be strategic to burn down all the buildings within about 1/2 mile. Which would only be a few on one side. They're at the bottom of the hill - they could be problematic if someone HAD to go lone wolf.
I wish those houses weren't there, they destroy my view of a decent lake further on down.

Ally with the woodchucks, Eddie. They'll take care of those pesky houses for you.

many prisoners of war were taken, but there was no death on either side.
Tell me you are not one of those that transplants them to somewhere else. Besides being against the law those cucks(mispelled,screw it!) will often fall prey quickly since they are in totally unfamiliar territory and have no den/hole. And you are making them someone else's problem.

• Gravy
Tell me you are not one of those that transplants them to somewhere else. Besides being against the law those cucks(mispelled,screw it!) will often fall prey quickly since they are in totally unfamiliar territory and have no den/hole. And you are making them someone else's problem.

If you transplant them to somebody's place that has a big garden they'll be just fine.

i made them the highway administrations problem. large public land area, no houses or buildings, lotsa wildlife.

If theyre too dumb to dig a new hole and make a new home, thats their problem as a species.

• Gravy
:lol: I don't carry anything with me. Maybe a spare pack of ciggs.

Not hi g is going to happen where I can't go a get something from home.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum