FYI The end is nigh. A preppers thread for the end.

I prepare by helping to build a strong community that will support each other in times of trouble rather than retreating into their "castles".

It's a different way, but I've found that making myself and my resources useful to the people around me is a more effective way of earning respect than buying buckets of food.

I prepare by helping to build a strong community that will support each other in times of trouble rather than retreating into their "castles".

It's a different way, but I've found that making myself and my resources useful to the people around me is a more effective way of earning respect than buying buckets of food.

There is a lot to be said for building a community. It's how the human race has gotten this far.

Plan A is to "bug in". Got plenty to sustain us as well as barter time, skills, resources, etc. with neighbors to help even out everyone's strong and weak suits and we ride it out together, whatever "it" is. Humans are social creatures after all. I imagine this is the most likely scenario as well as fairly short term in the grand scheme of things.

If for some reason a month has passed and my area continues to worsen with no realistic vision of getting better, there is a secondary stash of stuff sufficient for me and mine to bug out to one of a few safer locations where again we'll have the benefit of some community.

People that think they're gonna run to the hills lone wolf style and live on squirrels and dandelions will be among the early dead.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi
Plan A is to "bug in". Got plenty to sustain us as well as barter time, skills, resources, etc. with neighbors to help even out everyone's strong and weak suits and we ride it out together, whatever "it" is. Humans are social creatures after all. I imagine this is the most likely scenario as well as fairly short term in the grand scheme of things.

If for some reason a month has passed and my area continues to worsen with no realistic vision of getting better, there is a secondary stash of stuff sufficient for me and mine to bug out to one of a few safer locations where again we'll have the benefit of some community.

People that think they're gonna run to the hills lone wolf style and live on squirrels and dandelions will be among the early dead.

I have a tee shirt for the apocalypse.
It reads "Eat Me" on the front and "I'm Slow" on the back.

I know a great hiphugger sticky ribs recipe .
Oops did i say that out loud ?