FYI The end is nigh. A preppers thread for the end.

In some huge, longer term disaster, yes. Morals and ethics decrease as things like hunger, desperation, and hopelessness increase.

To me that's otherwise OK people doing more and more not OK things as the situation gets worse. That's a different group than the ones that take the first opportunity to loot a TV they can't eat and then expect somebody else to give them food and water.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
In some huge, longer term disaster, yes. Morals and ethics decrease as things like hunger, desperation, and hopelessness increase.

To me that's otherwise OK people doing more and more not OK things as the situation gets worse. That's a different group than the ones that take the first opportunity to loot a TV they can't eat and then expect somebody else to give them food and water.

I would say history shows us the clock for that is about 72 hours. After that people start to turn. When the little they have is gone it gets nasty fast. Perfect examples of this is any aftermath from a bad hurricane.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I would say history shows us the clock for that is about 72 hours. After that people start to turn. When the little they have is gone it gets nasty fast. Perfect examples of this is any aftermath from a bad hurricane.
"The first disaster, people pull together. The second one they realize what fools they were." A misquotation of Spider Robinson

Not really. I didn't give a shit, it was wetwillie arguing with Jehannum

Edit:
https://uselessforums.com/threads/political-poo-flinging.15335/page-294#post-1662671

Good job, sparky.
I mainly was in it since Jehannum seemed intent on scoffing at the idea of preparing. I'm not understanding how/why emergency preparedness of varying degrees would come down to politics. It could be as simple as Mother Nature giving us some kind of unexpected wack. * I have no canned goods in store, actually use very few.

I mainly was in it since Jehannum seemed intent on scoffing at the idea of preparing. I'm not understanding how/why emergency preparedness of varying degrees would come down to politics. It could be as simple as Mother Nature giving us some kind of unexpected wack. * I have no canned goods in store, actually use very few.

I have some in my basement but they are purely in case I run out of something and don't want to go to the store/snow storm. I stopped using canned goods awhile ago. I don't have a large stash of my camp food that my house could last a good 6 months plus before I start to worry.

I didn't scoff at your preparing, I scoffed at your "I'm the lone wolf, gonna shoot errybody" attitude.

Hence, Libertarian cosplay masquerading as preparedness.