Stupid Moral Mental Dilemmas

Pandora said:
Tell her you'd be happy to buy her kids popcorn as soon as she buys some from yours.

Edit: If I wanna buy something then I'll buy it. If not I tell them I'll look at it later and then quickly forget about it.
she just left, she remarked that the form is still sitting on my desk and that i should take it home and talk with pogosuzy about what to buy, maybe even split the cost of a $50 chocolate popcorn tin (WTF i'm not made of money:mad: ).

should i just wipe my ass on the sheet and consider it my contribution? she's already gotten close to $80 on there, the kid's shirt can't cost more than that

F33nX said:
it's one thing to leave an order form on a table for people to discreetly order something, but to be bullied into buying something to support her son, when HE has been told by his scoutmaster or whatever to sell it himself (as an honorable thing to do), is pretty much where i draw the line

I had a similar situation happen a few weeks back. Almost exactly what you are describing. I just looked at her and said: "I just bought a house... I have no extra money right now - I'm sorry."

I felt like saying: You are lucky you still work here. But I smiled and apologized and moved on. My Mom adopted his class. Sucker.

Candy said:
I had a similar situation happen a few weeks back. Almost exactly what you are describing. I just looked at her and said: "I just bought a house... I have no extra money right now - I'm sorry."

I felt like saying: You are lucky you still work here. But I smiled and apologized and moved on. My Mom adopted his class. Sucker.

Debbie adopted Hell Child's class???? BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA...
Oh my, I needed a good laugh. Tell Shrek to learn some parenting skills or she's fired and I get her job. :)

Thorn Bird said:
"no, thank you, but good luck with that fundraiser!"

i hate bad parents who give good parents a bad rep. :mad:
normally that would work, but in her case this is something she'd hold against me for all eternity and rub it in every chance she got. i'm going to have to work across the hall from her for probably a lot longer than i'm willing to tolerate her, so i don't know if $20 for popcorn is decent enough for hush money

ps- i fucking hate microwave popcorn too

F33nX said:
she just left, she remarked that the form is still sitting on my desk and that i should take it home and talk with pogosuzy about what to buy, maybe even split the cost of a $50 chocolate popcorn tin (WTF i'm not made of money:mad: ).

should i just wipe my ass on the sheet and consider it my contribution? she's already gotten close to $80 on there, the kid's shirt can't cost more than that

Yeah just stick it back on her desk or something. One of the owners of the last company I worked at would do that all the time for her kids stuff. Talk about pressure. But I'd just put it back in her mailbox. If she says something just tell her money's tight or something.

Candy said:

i really don't have any extra money to be throwing at stuff like this, and i told her as much. she said "well your boyfriend makes more than you, maybe you could talk him into splitting a tin with you" (OMGWTFBBQ). if it were a walkathon for cancer or aids or domestic abuse cases sure. but to buy her kid a shirt? because she'd rather spend the money on stuff with her boyfriend? gimme a break.

Pandora said:
Yeah just stick it back on her desk or something. One of the owners of the last company I worked at would do that all the time for her kids stuff. Talk about pressure. But I'd just put it back in her mailbox. If she says something just tell her money's tight or something.

it's like a concentrated pressure cooker here, because i interact with maybe 5people on a daily basis, and she's one of them. she is in our lab constantly.

F33nX said:
i really don't have any extra money to be throwing at stuff like this, and i told her as much. she said "well your boyfriend makes more than you, maybe you could talk him into splitting a tin with you" (OMGWTFBBQ). if it were a walkathon for cancer or aids or domestic abuse cases sure. but to buy her kid a shirt? because she'd rather spend the money on stuff with her boyfriend? gimme a break.

wtf?? you've got a selfish psycho on your hands. i would NEVER give money to her, regardless of the consequence. all she could do was not like me, and if goes further than that, there'd be a small problem.

Just tell her last time you ordered and consumed boy scout popcorn, you had explosive diahrea for days. See what she has to say to that.

Thorn Bird said:
wtf?? you've got a selfish psycho on your hands. i would NEVER give money to her, regardless of the consequence. all she could do was not like me, and if goes further than that, there'd be a small problem.
i know she's a total psycho douchebag. i've already given her tons of social cues that she is not a friend of mine and that i don't enjoy her company outside of the work environment.

case in point: she comes up with excuses to get a free dinner out of us at work. i can see going out for her birthday, but she made us go out for her son's and boyfriend's birthdays too (luckily i already had plans). at her birthday she was plastered by the time she got there, was throwing food around and treated the waitress like crap. i was so mortified that i gave the waitress like a 30% tip, hoping to be let into the establishment again. if/when we go out for my birthday, we're going to a nice, civilized bar/grill, and if she acts even the least bit out of line i'm going to ask her to leave.

but it's shit like this that gets me. all she had to say was "please support teh boy scouts by buying popcorn", not "oh the money will go towards his winter uniform shirt that i don't want to pay for", and i would have been fine with it. it's just the sheer fucking principle of the matter at this point.

wr3kt said:
What if she was selling reece's peanut butter cups?
same principle. i'm wouldn't want to buy candy because she's a lazy/cheap mother, i'd do it if the cause were greater than a shirt (plus the bonus swag he'd get if he sold more than $200)

i remember when i was young doing the candy route. i did it with my best friend in our neighborhood. i did it to support our school, and never personally saw a dime of the money benefitting me. and that's okay. the way she made it sound was "hey buy my son this shirt", not "support this organization so he can benefit from the enriching experiences he'll have thanks to your contributions"

Last edited: