FYI Stop SOPA and punch GoDaddy in the cant

Enough to know that its not going to happen and that you're a fool to believe it will.

lolwut? You and I don't know shit about this stuff, so how about we not pass judgement on it and sit back and see what happens?

Check out amsat.org, there are already dozens of amateur satellites in orbit, tough part is tracking them which the article addresses

Check out amsat.org, there are already dozens of amateur satellites in orbit, tough part is tracking them which the article addresses

which I also addressed in my post about this a week or so ago above. without geosynchronous orbit they're basically space debris. game over.

until land based tracking stations are set up...

at one time xm radio covered the entire us with like 3 satellites, none geosynchronus

You know class 2 rockets require FAA approval right... They are going to give launch licenses for the express purpose of undermining federal law...

Faa only governs that in the us... Would be a world wide initiative. Launch origins unknown.
The only country with a weak enough government that also can't be bought by the entertainment industry... Somalia, if you can hire enough local militia, maybe.

Or like 12 miles offshore. Or anywhere then claim it was somewhere else if the faa ever comes knocking, good luck proving the launch.

The article also mentions using weather balloons.

You could even legitimize the entire thing by calling it the free press world wide sat network. Would demonize any politician or nation trying to take it down immediately.

Or like 12 miles offshore. Or anywhere then claim it was somewhere else if the faa ever comes knocking, good luck proving the launch.

The article also mentions using weather balloons.

You could even legitimize the entire thing by calling it the free press world wide sat network. Would demonize any politician or nation trying to take it down immediately.

Anyone wanna place a wager that 5 years from now, none of this has happened? $100

some motivated people (not me) could logistically do it within 5 years, but I doubt it'll ever happen too.

if the internet gets super fucked though, might be a different story.

some motivated people (not me) could logistically do it within 5 years, but I doubt it'll ever happen too.

if the internet gets super fucked though, might be a different story.
Would be easier just to set up another entire airgapped network by leasing private lines.