Movie Star Wars TFA - FULL SPOILERS - DONT COME IN IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT YET

my take on it is that they're inaccurate historical records. the events described actually took place but the details are wrong. chewie and yoda weren't buddies, the war wasn't about trade negotiations or taxation, and anakin never killed a bunch of children. things like that

I accept the Clone Wars series as canon but not the prequels. they're just badly made movies regardless of the story they told. so when I decide to sit down and watch all of star wars right meow it'll be four movies and two tv shows
I totally understand. I did appreciate seeing some things in the movies as I said. Honestly Vader taking first 'breath' and I loved Ewan McGregor. I don't follow the Clone Wars series - not sure why I didn't but I didn't. I think I appreciated the movies for what they were and everything else that came out was just kind of there. I think I did that because to me Star Wars are movies and nothing else. Everything else is just fluff.

Not saying you are wrong for your view of it at all obvious, but just a different point of view.

Reminds me of something I read last night/this morning. On facebook I am a part of a closed group that was discussing the movie and a guy got so damn serious the admin had to kick him out. If you didn't agree that the books and comics were essential to being a true SW fan - and especially if you never read of them you couldn't be a true SW fan. All those who were not true SW fans were open game to being picked on and crap. He took everything people said so literally it sucked and wasn't open to anyone who had a different point of view. Bleh hate that shit.

IS STAR WARS IN THE BIBLE! ?!?
OMG :lol:

I actually wish he wouldn't have removed his helmet until the scene he killed Han. When he did it prior to that with Rey I felt like it weakened his character.
Maybe that will be the point? He was never strong enough or that maybe Rey was much stronger than him straight out? I dunno though.

I totally understand. I did appreciate seeing some things in the movies as I said. Honestly Vader taking first 'breath' and I loved Ewan McGregor. I don't follow the Clone Wars series - not sure why I didn't but I didn't. I think I appreciated the movies for what they were and everything else that came out was just kind of there. I think I did that because to me Star Wars are movies and nothing else. Everything else is just fluff.

Not saying you are wrong for your view of it at all obvious, but just a different point of view.

Reminds me of something I read last night/this morning. On facebook I am a part of a closed group that was discussing the movie and a guy got so damn serious the admin had to kick him out. If you didn't agree that the books and comics were essential to being a true SW fan - and especially if you never read of them you couldn't be a true SW fan. All those who were not true SW fans were open game to being picked on and crap. He took everything people said so literally it sucked and wasn't open to anyone who had a different point of view. Bleh hate that shit.

right?!? that first breath! oh man even being preceded by three terrible movies I still got chills at that. and when they're fighting on mustafar, they clash and the lava shoots up into the sky. how amazing that moment would have been had I not been jaded by the rest of the film

the holy trilogy is still the core of my star wars experience. the clone wars I can appreciate because the anakin skywalker in that show easily translates in my head to the darth vader I've known since I was a child. hayden christenson simply doesn't, they don't feel like the same character to me at all

oh, yeah fuck that guy. being a star wars fan requires that you're a fan of star wars. that's it, doesn't matter which aspect of it, what you like or don't like, the entire thing or just one movie, whatever. that dude sounds like a dick.

right?!? that first breath! oh man even being preceded by three terrible movies I still got chills at that. and when they're fighting on mustafar, they clash and the lava shoots up into the sky. how amazing that moment would have been had I not been jaded by the rest of the film

the holy trilogy is still the core of my star wars experience. the clone wars I can appreciate because the anakin skywalker in that show easily translates in my head to the darth vader I've known since I was a child. hayden christenson simply doesn't, they don't feel like the same character to me at all

oh, yeah fuck that guy. being a star wars fan requires that you're a fan of star wars. that's it, doesn't matter which aspect of it, what you like or don't like, the entire thing or just one movie, whatever. that dude sounds like a dick.
That fight - yes! Loved that fight!!!! I waited so long to see these movies that I already knew they were poorly acted and such that I think I wasn't disappointed because I knew they weren't as good. Helped me like them more I think.

The only good about Hayden Christensen is that it made me appreciate the little temper tantrum with the light saber in the last movies make more sense. Annoying little fucker type of move :fly:

That guy was a friend of some mutual friends of the admin, and he was just awful. Far too serious. You couldn't tease, you had watch what you say because he was so damn literal. Reminds me of how it gets here but like 100x worse!
Ew is this movie just like the Hobbits in new Zealand looking for that cubic zirconia ring except with lasers and robots?

Gross.
You are killing me today :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
After taking a day to calm down after a part of my childhood was destroyed with one slice of a light saber (R.I.P. Han :() I will say overall I liked the movie. I read some reviews that said it was the best of all 7 but I don't agree with that. It was better than the prequels but I still like 4,5, & 6 better. I also felt the movie seemed kind of rushed after Han is killed. I expected much more of a reaction from Leia upon finding out Han was killed by their son. There really wasn't one. And R2D2 just suddenly wakes up for no apparent reason, shoots the rest of the map up there and two minutes later we've found Luke? Meh. I'm also disappointed there will be no Han, Luke, and Leia all together scenes in the next two movies now. If they had to kill Han wish they could have done it in a later movie. Would have loved to see the three of them reunited.

wait what? which trailer showed that?
My bad. It wasn't an official trailer. That was rumored to be the opening sequence for a while, and then all the fan-geeks were making mock-ups. I think the image just was stuck in my head.

1708991.54c6b472b7526.jpg

Kylo Ren has that kinda confused young guy thing going on without being so much of a whiny bitch like Anakin was portrayed. Not scary though. Just a kid with too much power for his own good.
Like a Star Wars cosplay geek that made his own costume. Only then he got real powers and is now raging out on "force hormones".

We took the kids to an inferior screen this afternoon, both because they really wanted it and because one of the retard wondertwins (@Mikeawesome or @MadDog, can't remember which) spoiled Han's death for me by making it @Domon's title yesterday, so I didn't want to risk having anymore of it spoiled by online assholes.

I can't believe they'd make it so exactly on the nose (Ren and Rey being kin - cousins or siblings), though since Ren is Sith-Lite™, there's at least a little twist if it does end up being the case.

I wanted more of Gwendoline Christy. :( Hopefully she didn't blow up.

We took the kids to an inferior screen this afternoon, both because they really wanted it and because one of the retard wondertwins (@Mikeawesome or @MadDog, can't remember which) spoiled Han's death for me by making it @Domon's title yesterday, so I didn't want to risk having anymore of it spoiled by online assholes.

I can't believe they'd make it so exactly on the nose (Ren and Rey being kin - cousins or siblings), though since Ren is Sith-Lite™, there's at least a little twist if it does end up being the case.

I wanted more of Gwendoline Christy. :( Hopefully she didn't blow up.
Go fuck yourself, I've never spoiled anything for anyone you piece of shit.

bespin is a gas giant so that wouldn't even make sense

and that pic is prob of tatooine...

Not sure his hand and the saber fell into bespin though. They fell into the shaft, which was kinda bottomless, who know where that shaft went.