Halp Sober is Sexy

Oh, and next time you go, bring this list with you - buying spices at bulk barn is so much cheaper than buying the stupid bag or glass jar at the supermarket. Yeah, probably not as fresh, but I don't care too much.

gee rub ( > @tre rub)

2c golden yellow sugar (or 1/2c each white and brown sugar)
1c fine sea salt (not superfine)
1/2c each ground black pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin
1/4c each granulated garlic, granulated onion or onion powder
2 tbsp cayenne powder.

Buy some bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs, dust them with this, let sit for half an hour or so. Grill over indirect low heat (225-250F) for 45 minutes or so until they reach 150F, then turn up the grill to finish them and crisp the skin. Mix a sprinkle of the rub with some mayo to serve with it. Bam, you're a fucking grill wizard.

Repeat with pork chops, ribs... sprinkle it on french fries, I use tons of this shit.

Oh, and next time you go, bring this list with you - buying spices at bulk barn is so much cheaper than buying the stupid bag or glass jar at the supermarket. Yeah, probably not as fresh, but I don't care too much.

gee rub ( > @tre rub)

2c golden yellow sugar (or 1/2c each white and brown sugar)
1c fine sea salt (not superfine)
1/2c each ground black pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin
1/4c each granulated garlic, granulated onion or onion powder
2 tbsp cayenne powder.

Buy some bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs, dust them with this, let sit for half an hour or so. Grill over indirect low heat (225-250F) for 45 minutes or so until they reach 150F, then turn up the grill to finish them and crisp the skin. Mix a sprinkle of the rub with some mayo to serve with it. Bam, you're a fucking grill wizard.

Repeat with pork chops, ribs... sprinkle it on french fries, I use tons of this shit.
Are you a chef ?!?! Lol

have you tried the tre rub?
I made that comment to drag you in on the conversation. In all seriousness, gee rub >= tre rub :)

Got a big spice bottle of it made... I use it when I'm making something more tex-mex ish, like smoking pork shoulder for pulled pork tacos/nachos/whatever, and want something coriander-y.

Make some of my rub, and do the chicken thigh thing. Smoke for an hour and a half at 225F using apple wood, then finish on the grill.

I made that comment to drag you in on the conversation. In all seriousness, gee rub >= tre rub :)

Got a big spice bottle of it made... I use it when I'm making something more tex-mex ish, like smoking pork shoulder for pulled pork tacos/nachos/whatever, and want something coriander-y.

Make some of my rub, and do the chicken thigh thing. Smoke for an hour and a half at 225F using apple wood, then finish on the grill.

i have a new barbecue book arriving today, so i'll be immersed in all things smoky for the next little while, i'll see if i can give it a go.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee and Amstel
I haven't had a full drink but one glass of mead in years. Sometimes I miss it, but more for the comradery, the venues, etc, not the drunkenness or hangovers.