So I just got a new laptop

I imagine a system that makes mixes and transitions with the latest hottest single that was just googled and downloaded from Billboard's chart 15 mins earlier as well as downloads mixed in from other DJs in obscure European clubs that no one has ever heard of or released. Done all in realtime or close to it. Every show would be unique, different, beyond current and trendy and viable. Actually you leave the club and the next music you hear is old school already.

A good DJ already does this and then some ;)

again, what if joe tampa picks a bad song that only HE likes??? happens all the time... the DJ weeds out that dumb shit, KNOWING this is "joe tampa's favorite song".

joe likes it and the other X amount of patrons is like , "what the fuck?!"

Unless you have been in or worked personally promoting clubs you just wont understand. I hate to say it like that but I dont think many people understand the difference between a DJ and a song selector.

No computer could ever get a crowd bouncing and screaming "WOOOOT COMPUTA DJ YOU ARE THE MAN-CHINE"

They do that with real people in the DJ booth? :confused:

I have never seen applause, attention, anything referencing the DJ even existed. Even in a DJ competition I went to the DJ was just cheered at the end. During his set the crowd just mandered around or people danced, but they didn't give the spinner the time of day until he stopped.

again, what if joe tampa picks a bad song that only HE likes??? happens all the time... the DJ weeds out that dumb shit, KNOWING this is "joe tampa's favorite song".

joe likes it and the other X amount of patrons is like , "what the fuck?!"

Then as other request other songs more than once, that song isn't played as much. There are ways around that, algorithms that can be followed.

I have never seen applause, attention, anything referencing the DJ even existed. Even in a DJ competition I went to the DJ was just cheered at the end. During his set the crowd just mandered around or people danced, but they didn't give the spinner the time of day until he stopped.

AGAIN, you are describing wack turntablism.

SOME of the points in this thread are valid. i have an open mind, and am certainly aware that technology is advancing.

the original post (which fly has referred to) said "EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO"..

never happen. not possible. having been in the club way too many times, I know this.

hell, promoters have to have somebody to blame (and stiff on payment) when their night sux. :fly:

Then as other request other songs more than once, that song isn't played as much. There are ways around that, algorithms that can be followed.

so, would joe tampa 'ENJOY' his club experience?

but i get what you're saying...'

yeah, the hot bitch is named janice. and she's pregnant so her heavy duty carrying days are over.. lmao.. :heart:

This might be the dumbest debate I've read in awhile. Computers vs. DJs? What the fuck?

oh, shit.. new siggy minutes after a new siggy.

talk to fly. it was his brainchild. you oughta trademark it fly. make millions.. er.. pennies.

there is an endless amount of problems with your idea.

and i tire of the argument as well wonko. mingle out.

You have never been to a good show then :D

If this post was made in any UK dance forum you guys would be getting ripped a new one:p

I just like causing problems :fly:

:heart: If I was near you guys, I would come see you all the time, Mixx :heart:

Shawn, too. You two should team up, like dueling DJs trading up transitions and such. (or some other DJ lingo that escapes me anyway)

This thread is now about a DJ who IS a computer, I'm speaking of course about Soundwave.

196475dac33d4908.jpg

Last edited:
Mixx, you should get a touchscreen laptop with software that mimics records. The screen would have two records, shaped on the screen not unlike breasts. You could do your scratching and such on the screen that way. And you would have access to your MP3 or CDs instantly. Have a server at home with your songs so you don't ahve to lug around yoru external hard drive and voila, your job to entertain the crowd is easier and you can put on a more consistent and better show. New and different sound filters can change your sound however you want and you would have more options than you would conventionally.

I think Soundwave is great. The time he was about to battle Blaster and told him "All talk, no shock" made me happy in my pants.

I think Soundwave is great. The time he was about to battle Blaster and told him "All talk, no shock" made me happy in my pants.

I have about as much of an idea who Soundwave is as I do about DJing hip hop music.

post your n00ds please :heart:

In the original Transformers the movie Soundwave is having an argument with the Constructicons about who should be the Decepticon leader and tells them, and I will never forget this line, "Soundwave superior, Constructions inferior".

:lol:, you KNOW that's awesome.

Mixx, you should get a touchscreen laptop with software that mimics records. The screen would have two records, shaped on the screen not unlike breasts. You could do your scratching and such on the screen that way. And you would have access to your MP3 or CDs instantly. Have a server at home with your songs so you don't ahve to lug around yoru external hard drive and voila, your job to entertain the crowd is easier and you can put on a more consistent and better show. New and different sound filters can change your sound however you want and you would have more options than you would conventionally.

I hate this idea :p

IMO this is why we would eventually move to a computer DJ. You get paid to carry your music with you and lug your equipment around, not just have a laptop and wing it. Anyone can mix on a laptop, thats not skill or talent and should not be paid for.

You would never catch a rock band playing there songs through a laptop while they sit back and hope people enjoy it. Fuckin horrid