So I just got a new laptop

I hate this idea :p

IMO this is why we would eventually move to a computer DJ. You get paid to carry your music with you and lug your equipment around, not just have a laptop and wing it. Anyone can mix on a laptop, thats not skill or talent and should not be paid for.

You would never catch a rock band playing there songs through a laptop while they sit back and hope people enjoy it. Fuckin horrid

Um, what? The DJ would do exactly the same thing they have always been doing. Even with the same actions they are used to. Same showmanship, same mixing abilities, same transitioning, everything. What it will help with is eliminating damage and/or theft of records or other media used for playback (digital never wears out), less equipment to store or move, more sound options for better mixes, the techno cool status, superior sound quality compared to scratched vinyl. I am missing the downsides....

so you are telling Mixx is paid to be a mover? :lol:

Um, what? The DJ would do exactly the same thing they have always been doing. Even with the same actions they are used to. Same showmanship, same mixing abilities, same transitioning, everything. What it will help with is eliminating damage and/or theft of records or other media used for playback (digital never wears out), less equipment to store or move, more sound options for better mixes, the techno cool status, superior sound quality compared to scratched vinyl. I am missing the downsides....

so you are telling Mixx is paid to be a mover? :lol:

That is part of the job, yes.

Basically you are replacing an instrument with technology and that makes me wanna puke. It would be like replacing a guitar with a Guitar Hero pad :barf:

All I can say is that I have seen it tried many times with many different systems and it just doesnt work. Maybe one day in the future they could make a system that does better than a live human, but again you are talking "maybe". I just dont see it happening and if it does happen I dont see it working.

*sigh*

Stop talking about what you've seen.