WTF So I just dick'd my butt

After new years the office is usually dead for the remainder of that week. Debating whether I should take it off
We shutdown starting this Saturday through 6Jan. The way they build it out is it's only 3 PTO days. Alot of big companies especially in tech do that now to get time off the books. It actually saves them millions of dollars.

That's usually the best time to be at work.
A lot of what in doing right now requires other people to be here. In addition I have next semester to prepare for and I will have (hopefully) just completed the engine swap in the truck and may need the time.

Less about being productive at work, more about ensuring I'm not over worked on everything else

We shutdown starting this Saturday through 6Jan. The way they build it out is it's only 3 PTO days. Alot of big companies especially in tech do that now to get time off the books. It actually saves them millions of dollars.
Where I work, we skip the usual fed holidays like veterans day, presidents day, Columbus day, MLK Jr day and stick them all between Xmas and new years.

The only holidays I get during the year are independece day, Thanksgiving, labor day and memorial day.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The last time I got released from jail, it happened at about midnight and they kept my ID. All I had was my release paperwork for ID.

Try to buy a pack of smokes and a beer without ID these days. Granted that was over 15 years ago and I looked my age or younger, but jeez.

The last time I got released from jail, it happened at about midnight and they kept my ID. All I had was my release paperwork for ID.

Try to buy a pack of smokes and a beer without ID these days. Granted that was over 15 years ago and I looked my age or younger, but jeez.

Being released in the middle of the night with no ID is usually a bad sign of things to come.
In the movies at least.

What were they in for? Was there the same paperwork fuck up when they got released? People want to know!

Oh, there was no paperwork fuck up. They weren’t sure what they were gonna charge me with yet but they had me for DUI having blown a .24 almost two hours after arrest.

They considered menacing and I had weapons in my possession so it coulda been awful.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie