WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Half the carpet tiles in my cube have peeled up. I've put in requests to get them glued back down and have been met with savage indifference and apathy from building maintenance.

I don't really hate it, I like how my chair rolls around, but its gotta look bad.

One place I worked, the ceiling leaked right over a guys computer
Maintenance was called, and their solution was to tape a trash bag to the tile area around the leak, with a hose that went to a bucket on the floor
We called it his ceiling colostomy bag
It stayed there for most of year until the fixed the roof

Maintenance was called, and their solution was to tape a trash bag to the tile area around the leak, with a hose that went to a bucket on the floor

I've seen this fix so many times.
It's an old building.

that must have been during your time at NASA, as ive seen that precise solution deployed continually throughout my time with the govt.

What the fuck.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
that must have been during your time at NASA, as ive seen that precise solution deployed continually throughout my time with the govt.

It was
Buildings were built in like the late 50s/early 60s
The roof was tar and gravel
They were working on it one day and a literal shower of gravel came down in the building over one of the hurco machines for like 30 solid seconds
it was insane

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and Domon
Half the carpet tiles in my cube have peeled up. I've put in requests to get them glued back down and have been met with savage indifference and apathy from building maintenance.

I don't really hate it, I like how my chair rolls around, but its gotta look bad.

I suggest buying some Chicklets, tipping your chair over with a wheel stuck, tossing the Chicklets about as though feeding grain to chickens. Grasp your mouth and make wounded animal sounds while laying next to your chair.

Not so fun fact: I had a friend in the early ‘80s whose wife was in a coma for almost a year after her office chair tipped backwards and she hit the desk behind her. That’s why most chairs don’t have four wheels anymore.

I have to make it through friday
I swear theyre trying to kill me before then
Ive been slammed harder than @fly s asshole at a frat party so far this week and it shows no signs of slowing
The hospital is a fricking madhouse. Just don't come here. A few weeks ago they canceled ALL ELECTIVE SURGERIES for a few days because of improperly cleaned instruments 🤮 so now everything is more overcrowded than usual, and now we have wound infections as well.....Friday is my last day before 11 days off. Bliss

Supposed to be a washout here for the next couple days starting later tonight.
A muddy Christmas. Yay!