WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Hey @fly, do you nag for feedback on Amazon? I just got a nag demand and responded as I usually do, with 1 star.

I would be careful with that now. From that recent court case you can be held liable for a bad review. The vendor can sue if the feel the review is not warranted or done for a wrong reason.

It's still there but it also protects business from getting shitting reviews for say someone mad that they were nagged for a review. Or a review that isn't even true.
Giving a bad review for disliking the nagging for a review is a valid review.

I'll take your legal advice with the esteem it warrants.

Do what you want man I just saying there's a story every week on the news now of someone getting sued over a bad yelp, amazon, trip advisor, etc. There's a case at the California Supreme Court over to that they think will 100% get rid of reviews all together. So if the review is 1 star then by all means I just saying be careful of doing a bad review or a reason that really doesn't qualify.

Not arguing with your logic but they can say they met the requirements of the transaction and didn't warrant 1 star.
There would need to be established requirements for each star level and they would need to be made clearly available to reviewers. Reviewers would also need to be clearly notified that they are required to to follow said established requirements.

Do what you want man I just saying there's a story every week on the news now of someone getting sued over a bad yelp, amazon, trip advisor, etc. There's a case at the California Supreme Court over to that they think will 100% get rid of reviews all together. So if the review is 1 star then by all means I just saying be careful of doing a bad review or a reason that really doesn't qualify.
Yep. I would refuse to give reviews if I could be sued because the recipient of the review disagreed with my review.

There would need to be established requirements for each star level and they would need to be made clearly available to reviewers. Reviewers would also need to be clearly notified that they are required to to follow said established requirements.

All of those sites have very documented and very vague guidelines. Hell until recently alot of them had gag orders in their T&Cs that know one ever read that said you couldn't leave a bad review. That we made illegal late last year from a court case. Now that so much is done on e-commerce reviews and anything that impacts the business is serious for folks now.

This is funny because eBay allows buyers to file a dispute which immediately affects your account before you even have the ability to refute the dispute.