Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

idk. Maybe he was hoping for a Whiter Shade of (P)ale. :)
MD and mud will get that. friggin geezer rockers.

*That was not a reference to Lionel's light skin. Just funny happenstance, ATF.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
We've got a nice frothy beer bubblin right now!

wb6wGv4.png

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Well, fucked up the white stout by adding too many hops. Honestly, it seemed like a bit much. I should listen to myself more. Trying to neuter all the yeast now so that I can backsweeten the keg a bit. Another lesson learned!

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Well, fucked up the white stout by adding too many hops. Honestly, it seemed like a bit much. I should listen to myself more. Trying to neuter all the yeast now so that I can backsweeten the keg a bit. Another lesson learned!
Hope you can save it. 👍 on good 'tude at the end.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Just call it a north coast IPA or something and be done with it.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I've been using a lot of various solvents for degreasing and cleaning parts prior to painting.

Started to wonder, how difficult would it be to just set up a perpetual still and get it to pump out alcohol of a good enough quality to degrease stuff without leaving residue?
I wouldn't be drinking it, so I wouldn't necessarily care about methanol V ethanol, unless there's another reason to avoid that stuff?

I've been using a lot of various solvents for degreasing and cleaning parts prior to painting.

Started to wonder, how difficult would it be to just set up a perpetual still and get it to pump out alcohol of a good enough quality to degrease stuff without leaving residue?
I wouldn't be drinking it, so I wouldn't necessarily care about methanol V ethanol, unless there's another reason to avoid that stuff?
It'd be difficult to keep from heat-soaking the feed stock eventually. I do half of that, because I run a reactor to keep the plants in my fish tank happy, but I don't distill off the alcohol, I just run it until the yeast die, then swap mixtures. Takes about 5-6 weeks.