Food So Has Anyone Brewed Beer Before?

I was once trying to give fly shit about his weirdo beers and mentioned something about a birthday cake beer as some made up example of a dumb beer then he let me know there already was a birthday cake beer and had been for some time.
This thing is DELICIOUS

Ground up some grains today. Gonna brew some piss water tomorrow.

HBC hops. White labs ale yeast. Grains and shit.

Ordered stuff for a cookie chocolate stout.

Someone come over and help me drink all this beer.

Gonna have 15+ gallons on tap soon.

I should just open a speakeasy and have the neighbors over.

• Love
Reactions: fly
BTW, this will be an awesome boot camp if you're interested @Valve1138

$25 off with the coupon 'nano25'. Sadly I'll have @shawndavid staying with us and will have to miss it. :(

BTW, this will be an awesome boot camp if you're interested @Valve1138

$25 off with the coupon 'nano25'. Sadly I'll have @shawndavid staying with us and will have to miss it. :(

Interesting.

I've been going with the "throw interesting hops in with some grains" so far, and things are going well.

Letting the chips fall where they may, and building recipes in Beersmith.

The New England IPA I brewed with Lallemand yeast turned out fucking great.

Interesting.

I've been going with the "throw interesting hops in with some grains" so far, and things are going well.

Letting the chips fall where they may, and building recipes in Beersmith.

The New England IPA I brewed with Lallemand yeast turned out fucking great.
I mean, yeah we've been brewing for thousands of years. You'll make fine beers doing that. But it can help to understand flavor profiles of certain grains, what yeast will do different ones, which one have more long chain sugars, etc.

Myplate chiller drains into a 5 gallon bucket, that has a sump pump in it, with a hose that goes 40' tot he nearest sink.

The pump is being a piece of shit the last couple brews, not pumping, kinda pumping, pumping to slow. Used to work fine.

I shortened the hose so it's exactly the length it needs to be with no extra, there's no hard bends in it. Pumps specs says it should be fine.

So, it's time to find a better solution.

I think for the summer, I'm just going to run a hose from the plate chiller to out the back shop door. It's just water.