Ontopic Should people who are government leaches be allowed to have children?

they already do that. the tax is well over 100%.
they should heavily tax anal lube to cover all your AIDS :p

They do. A bottle of that stuff is over $25. WTF.

I am using it for "personal lubrication" and "physical massages"!!

Medical care for children has what to do with medical care for smokers? Unless you're saying those kids are lighting up at the age of 3.

Seriously, what a clusterfuck of nonsense.

If both you and your partner get state benefits, are deemed unable to work because of whatever medical ailment and demand a carer for you and your partner (at taxpayers expense) should you be allowed a child who will just mean more of a burden on taxpayers.

The added burden of a child on the system of welfare is what you were originally asking about. What about the additional burden of smokers on the system? That is the link between the two, however loose.

I'd almost say though that to social influence to quit amongst the higher income bracket might be part of the reason. When your dealing with people making 100k and such, appearance is just as important as anything else, and smelling and looking like a smoker will hurt your ability to make more money because of the social stigma attached to it.

For whatever the reason, it looks like people on the dole are more likely to smoke. So they are already a burden on the system with higher medical issues (albeit paid for by cigarette taxes) but they would add even more burden to the system if they had children (see? bringing it back around).

For whatever the reason, it looks like people on the dole are more likely to smoke. So they are already a burden on the system with higher medical issues (albeit paid for by cigarette taxes) but they would add even more burden to the system if they had children (see? bringing it back around).

Well considering they get paid the dole, but spend it on cigs which is mainly in tax, they're actually kind of paying themselves/ paying back into the tax system quite a lot....

But also the whole 'people on the dole more likely to smoke' thing makes sense from a poverty-luxury point of view. When I'm super poor I appreciate being able to smoke as if it's the only reward I have in life and at least I have that therefore things aren't so bad. Just like when I've been so poor before I could barely eat anything having flavoured water/soda made me feel so much happier than having to drink water all day long. Little luxuries like cigs or soda really boost your happiness levels when you're pretty low. :)

Well considering they get paid the dole, but spend it on cigs which is mainly in tax, they're actually kind of paying themselves/ paying back into the tax system quite a lot....

But also the whole 'people on the dole more likely to smoke' thing makes sense from a poverty-luxury point of view. When I'm super poor I appreciate being able to smoke as if it's the only reward I have in life and at least I have that therefore things aren't so bad. Just like when I've been so poor before I could barely eat anything having flavoured water/soda made me feel so much happier than having to drink water all day long. Little luxuries like cigs or soda really boost your happiness levels when you're pretty low. :)

Think of how much more sense it would make to just make prostitution legal, and state-funded!

Smoking its acceptable for older purple though because at one time nobody knew how bad it was. Any one under the age of like 35 has zero excuse... Has been completely drilled in that its addicting, terrible for you, and just plain s stupid yet they chose to start anyways. Shows poor decision making and lack of self control among younger people.

Not to mention it smells like ass, makes your car smell like ass, makes your home smell like ass, makes your clothes snell like ass, etc.