Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define "be courteous". Does being courteous include spamming and derailing a thread that should be on topic (per the author or the rules)? Does being courteous include name calling and harassing? Perhaps in your world it is, but not in mine. If power tripping is a bigger problem to you then THAT's pretty silly. Perhaps these forums and the people on them mean so little to you that you just waste time here, but I prefer to use my time a little more constructively and at one time I actually valued the people here. And I don't see why everyone should have to conform to your silly wasteful standard. It's possible to find a happy medium rather than forcing the entire forum to be either or....however that would require some to be a little more respectful of others and the rules. Apparently that is too much to ask for.

Holy shit. SInce when did this become my standard? I don't make the rules - I think they are ridiculous but since I enjoy many of the people who post here I try and stop by and involve myself.

why don;t you try showing a little etiquette?

Yes - this came from wikipedia: This came up when I typed courteous since you wanted a definition. In a nutshell it means different things to different people.

Etiquette, one aspect of decorum, is the code that governs the expectations of social behavior, the conventional norm. It is an unwritten code, but it may be codified in written form. Etiquette usually reflects formulas of conduct in which society or tradition have invested. An etiquette reflects the underlying ethical code itself. Like "culture", it is a word that has gradually grown plural, especially in a multi-ethnic society with many clashing expectations. Thus, it is now possible to refer to "an etiquette" or "a culture", realizing that these may not be universal.

I don't call people names - you are ridiculous Pandora - how about you calling Brad a free-loader and making fun of the way you THINK he acts. Hey pot... this is the kettle calling...

I think that if you don't end this silliness (telling April to shut her trap, calling Brad a wigger in not-so-many words) mocking KNYTE... there won't be anyone left to govern with your rules. Now lets all be adults - I think everyone agreed to move on. You are getting WAY to worked up over nothing. I'm not losing sleep over this - neither should you. It's unhealthy.:(

EDIT: I was being playful when I said this was a fun place to waste time - don't get your panties in a wad; I was talking about wasting time at work.

Last edited:
It was popular enough until certain members began trolling it. If I remember correctly we even attracted a few new members with it who did post in there. Just because some of our members have the attention span of a 2 year old doesn't mean everyone does.
No, not really. Aside from that being obvious to me, just about everyone else here agrees. It just didnt generate traffic. Revising history isnt going to help because some of the same people you have such a problem with were the only few posters there.

I'm just doing what the cool kids do. The behavior is okay as long as you tampons are doing it, but when I respond in kind it's "demeaning"? It's okay for you to call me a name, but it's unforgivable for an admin to throw his weight around when people are stepping out of line? I'm not finding any logic in your argument.
Ah, so two wrongs make a right? Using what other people do as an excuse for one's own behaviour is so "third grade."

I'm glad that you love this place so much and you like it the way it is now. However there are people who do not that were here long before you. If someone needs to find a new place to play then why shouldn't it be you? We made the forums what they were when you came here. Yet you accuse me of starting shit.... "I'm here now and you will play how I want to play or get out." :rolleyes: You sound like a playground thug.
"Cracking down" and "getting rid of problem members" doesnt count as that sort of behaviour? Right. You see even days after this forum started there were people complaining that it was going downhill because of the members. I have logs from 2004 to that effect.

I tried, you people spammed it and mocked it.
Read above. The threads from that forum are still floating around. There was practically no spam. It was mocked? Who cares, people arent always nice and they arent ever going to say what you want them to.

If it's too much to ask of people then I'll just ban myself. I've wasted enough time standing up for what I believe.
Martyr complex much?

Last edited:
Yo Yo word up homies in this thread talkin trash like a mofo. If I cood get passed my 2 grade intelek and my hard core thugish I wood type some stuff yo. Word to yo motha's

I am so fucking sick and tired of the mightier than thou bullshit. Pandora if you are so much better than us, then go play somewhere else. I really like you and I really don't want you to leave but if you are going to shit on everyone else then I will get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.