Not open for further replies.

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
Some jerk in a big honkn' SUV cuts you off in traffic. Are you the type that gets pissed, or do you just let it go? Me, I'm the type that gets pissed. I try to live life by the golden rule and be considerate and respectful of others. But few people seem to do the same anymore. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way?

What causes people to respect eachother? Do you only respect people who are successful? Intelligent? People who are your peers? And what causes you to loose respect for someone?

Plez discuss.

I try very hard to let things go and turn the other cheek, I'm just not very good at it. I will not however let people push me around or bully me, ever.

Getting worked up about it solves nothing and affects no one but yourself. I try to live like that, but sometimes can't-- which is a real shame since I know I'll die early due to stress and nerves.

If I get cut off and the person didnt actually need to cut me off because they are not turning at the next light I ride there ass about an inch away. If they almost get me into an accident or run me off the road I usually try to make them pull over so I can let out some road rage.

If I get cutoff I generally just let it go...no amount of getting pissed is going to change what happened so why bother imo

If I get cut off and the person didnt actually need to cut me off because they are not turning at the next light I ride there ass about an inch away. If they almost get me into an accident or run me off the road I usually try to make them pull over so I can let out some road rage.
that's me. i usually get pissed by default unless i'm in a really good mood, when i tend to drive slower, and know that people are going to pass and cut in front. then, if they execute a turn or otherwise demonstrate they needed to get in the lane i forgive them.

of course there are exceptions. if you were two cars back, pulled into the left lane and floored it past me only to cut me off and hit the brakes to make your exit i might just follow you.

I generally blare my horn for a good 60 seconds, just cause its annoying. :D

Good thread!
i would totally do that too, but my horn is actually broken. seriously, people actually need to watch for finger.

the broken horn has probably kept me out of more than one confrontation though.

I have a serious case of road rage. Houston traffic is awful and we have more than our fair share of stupid drivers.

BTW, I think road rage is genetic. I think that is a trait my father passed down to me.

that's me. i usually get pissed by default unless i'm in a really good mood, when i tend to drive slower, and know that people are going to pass and cut in front. then, if they execute a turn or otherwise demonstrate they needed to get in the lane i forgive them.

of course there are exceptions. if you were two cars back, pulled into the left lane and floored it past me only to cut me off and hit the brakes to make your exit i might just follow you.

I have never in my life hit someone or been in a car accident. I have been rear ended once but it did nothing to my old jeep and demolished his camaro. If he had wrecked my car I would have gone to jail.

I have a serious case of road rage. Houston traffic is awful and we have more than our fair share of stupid drivers.

BTW, I think road rage is genetic. I think that is a trait my father passed down to me.

I read this post and invision Patrick cowering in the corner with Mojo's shadow luming large over him.

agreed completely.

Florida driving is horrible cause the people who live here drive fast and very aggressive but then since it is a vacation spot the out of towners drive slow and passive, its a horrible combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.